View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2012, 09:39 AM
VGMdb Administrator

So, I've implemented the album-product link classifications. This interface is pretty intuitive, although it does add a fourth step to the product linking process. Some of this can be alleviated by auto-guessing based on album classification, but this won't be possible when there are multiple game and multiple classifications. If an album has the soundtrack to 3 games, and an arranged track from 1 game, only that one game should be tagged with "arrange", while all 3 get "soundtrack."

I was surprised to learn that we had over 11,000 album-product links. Nice work! I've got about 90% of them tagged with the proper set of classifications. The remaining 10% will have to be done manually by checking the album. This includes a lot of vocal arrange albums, where the vocal tracks might be limited to some of the products. These will have to be checked individually. There are also some albums where I have no clue what's going on because we lack track credits.

So yeah, this is also experimental, so I'm looking for feedback. If you've got some time, try finding some albums that don't have these tags yet, and test out the interface.