View Single Post
Old Jan 27, 2017, 05:44 AM

Well, it's been 8 years since my opening post and the Japanese I quoted now looks a lot more comprehensible. A (may or may not be liberal) translation of it follows:

Quote:
The Maestro Yuzo Koshiro takes the plunge into Trance music for the first time and puts his all into these songs! Please enjoy this game arrange version. You can also hear songs not released on the soundtrack.

※The songs that can be downloaded here are used in the "Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune" arcade cabinet and differ from the songs used in "Wangan Midnight Maximum Tune 2" and the original soundtrack.

The "Maxi 1 Version BGM Download" is provided for individual enjoyment and cannot be used for any other purpose. We hope for the continued cooperation and acceptance of our request by our valued customers.
I'm not an arcade or Wangan expert but it seems like these songs were used in the WMMT1 arcade cabinet while the WMMT2 cab (which also includes WMMT1) uses mixed versions. Note how WMMT1 never had its own individual official soundtrack.

Off topic but the WMMT games are never gonna be released on consoles, aren't they.