View Single Post
Old May 24, 2011, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
This kind of evidence is way too speculative. If you have to draw a flowchart or a Venn diagram to explain the reasoning, then it probably doesn't belong on the album page.
Okay.... Perhaps I wasn't clear the first time. This has nothing to do with diagrams or anything complex like that. As usual it's just logic and common sense.

There's a track called "Sandopolis" and yet the original composition is not present. A few other themes (including some from Sonic Spinball) regardless of the track's title (e.g. Knucklemania, Return to the Toxic Caves [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4YnlV2AlLk]) clearly contain the original composition, so associating "City in the Clouds" with Sky Sanctuary shouldn't be an issue. Drossin utilizes the compositions of themes he's definitely done (e.g. Sonic and Knuckles Theme, Spinball Theme); simple as that.

That can only mean Drossin will use the original composition in these tracks if he was the actual composer. His nonuse of them would only mean that the originals were never his in the first place, thus Sandopolis and Sky Sanctuary are deconfirmed for Drossin, as they should be because they were created before S&K, when Drossin was merely credited for Sound Special Thanks instead of as a Music Composer (for those two themes).

Regardless, Sawada definitely composed at least one of those three tracks based on the 10th Anniversary CD information, and Sky Sanctuary is the most likely [and has the most supportive evidence] of the three to be his regardless of how many of them he actually composed.

I must say I'm surprised the higher ups aren't hounding me on Slot Machine instead; that one seemed a lot more speculative if you ask me. I thought that would be the one you had a problem with but it would appear I was mistaken.