View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2014, 01:16 AM

No love for Kenji Kawai? Personally I'm looking forward to his Barakamon soundtrack a lot – I've growed quite attached to his music after watching Seirei no Moribito, and Barakamon looks really promising (in a peaceful way).

I'm curious about Yoko Kanno's soundtrack, too. I love her and really think she is one of the most talented composers out there, but I don't enjoy her jazzy works so much just because I'm not too much into jazz.

As for Sawano: While he certainly has his share of epicness, I think he doesn't entirely deserve the hype. This might be an unjustified accusion, though, since I've only listened to his Shingeki no Kyojin soundtrack as well as a couple of pieces from Kill la Kill and some single tunes from other animes. Personally, I thought he lacked variety throughout his works. A bit like Motoi Sakuraba or Yuki Kajiura, many of his pieces sound the same no matter where you hear them. (It doesn't help that he mostly composes for the biggest mainstream anime of the respective seasons, either.) I find it important that a soundtrack has an identity that makes you connect it with one anime and not only one composer.

Last edited by Blackiris; Jun 18, 2014 at 01:21 AM.