View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2016, 02:17 PM

I've been trying to figure out who composed what for a long time, and I finally made some progress on official credits. After what happened in the long stall with Hirofumi Matsuoka, I decided to just go after the composer credits on my own after he passed away. I got in contact with Atsushi Shirakawa (Tenmon), and Naoki Kaneda (Kim's Soundroom) on Twitter, and managed to get them to reveal a good part of their compositions. I sent all my guesses that I thought were them and they confirmed with me. Surprisingly, almost all my guesses for both of them were correct, but that's because I've listened to 1987-2002 Falcom enough to be able to recognize them sometimes.

Atsushi Shirakawa said that he doesn't remember composing much, and that the project is very old, so he doesn't remember all of his compositions. He confirmed as the composer for the songs:

1. Prologue
2. IKTHIA ~ The Summer of Youths
3. Dawn of Makria
4. The Church
5. The Demon of the Lake
6. Attending to the Royal City
7. Parthia
8. Wind of Grief
9. Silent Tower
10. Ending

He said he may have done these:

11. Xarkas
12. Kakos
13. The Ice Cave
14. Code of the Hero

He mentioned that he may have done Kleene, but I think it was really Mieko Ishikawa. He also left a few songs out, but I know he had to had done Black Light and In the Name of Ishtar. He also listed the Ice Tower as a maybe, but Naoki Kaneda confirmed it as his song instead.

Naoki Kaneda mentioned how the style of the music felt nostalgic, and commented that he may had been responsible for half the music, or maybe a little less than half. He confirmed to have done:

1. The Legend of the Wind
2. The Ice Tower
3. Wings of Freedom
4. The Cursed Beauty
5. Arctic Wind
6. Wings of Pride
7. Defeat Your Old Nemesis
8. The Power of Friendship
9. A False God
10. Sophia
11. A Deep Enigma
12. The Gods of the Four Winds
13. Power Greater than God Himself
14. The Ordeal
15. Chaotic Sanctuary

Besides that, there are a few tracks Kaneda left out that are confirmed that he didn't do as well as by Shirakawa. There are still more songs we don't know that they did, but I was only asking for my own guesses. I'll see what information I can come up with next. I want to look more into The Legend of Xanadu and then The Legend of Xanadu II.