View Single Post
Old Aug 2, 2013, 09:20 PM

Default TV Drama music thread

I've been a long-time frequenter of vgmdb, but somehow I never wandered into the "Miscellaneous Discussion" subforums, so I was surprised to see a few threads on soundtracks of Japanese TV series. That's why I thought that a proper topic is in order for folks to discuss & share recommendations.

I've been watching doramas regularly since 2008, more so than anime, so here's a few recommendations.

My biggest favourite is probably the soundtrack for LIFE, a dorama adaptation of the manga of the same name. While most drama soundtracks tend to favor orchestral and piano music, then LIFE adapts an edgier sound. Sort of a combination of raw electronics and rock. The more relaxed themes are of acoustic guitar variety.

Kairou - One of the standouts of the album for sure
Niky Probably the most eclectic track. It's actually a character theme, and it's exceptionally fitting! I wish the ending melody would last longer though.
Senkou - Nice mellow piece.

While I don't hold the dorama in high esteem, Hanazakari no kimitachi e (the first one) has quite a cheerful and peppy sound it.

Ikemen BOOGIE
Boyz be Ambitious

Hana yori dango (both seasons) also sports a really wonderful array of tunes! A bit sappy at places, but never overbearing. It is a soundtrack for a romantic comedy after all!

Hana Yori Dango Main Theme
Cloudy Noon - Probably my favourite off the whole soundtrack.
F4 The theme for the boy group. Generally plays when bad things start happening :P

So here's a few tonight. I have quite a bit of more, but I'll post them later! Look forward to people's opinions on dorama music!