View Single Post
Old Oct 11, 2016, 03:53 AM

OK, so I finally could listen to this and clarify which songs are included here; here is a list with all specific composers I could dig up (if I don't mention a song, is either because the game has only one composer or I couldn't find anything):

-1.19 (Color Dungeon, LADX): We already know this was handled by Yuichi Ozaki, but the original song here is "Dungeon" from the original TLoZ by Koji Kondo.

-1.20 (Ending: Staff Roll, LA): This album has an arrangement of the song mixed with Kondo's main theme, and the album credits Koji Kondo, Kozue Ishikawa and Minako Hamano. Taking out Kondo here, this means that this was by Ishikawa and/or Hamano.

-1.35 (Staff Roll 2 (Orchestra), OoT3D): Arranged by Mahito Yokota as stated in Iwata Asks; original music by Koji Kondo (Zelda's Lullaby / Hyrule Field / Main Zelda Theme)

-1.36 (Majora's Theme), 1.37 (Stone Tower Temple), 1.38 (Staff Roll), all from MM: All three by Koji Kondo

-1.39 (Staff Roll 2, MM3D): Arranged by Naoto Kubo; original music by Koji Kondo (Saria's Song / Clock Town / Song of Healing / Main Zelda Theme)

-1.40 (Ages / Seasons: Overworld): This is actually the "Field" theme from Link's Awakening with slight instrument changes; the LA song was done by Kozue Ishikawa and loosely based on Koji Kondo's main Zelda theme (credits in this album).

-1.43 (Title), 1.46 (Great Sea), 1.47 (Dragon Roost Island), 1.49 (Molgera), all from WW: first three by Kenta Nagata, Molgera by Hajime Wakai.

-1.45 (Grandma, WW): by Koji Kondo.

-2.01 (Overworld, FSA): by Asuka Ohta

-2.04 (Village of the Blue Maiden (after solving the puzzle), FSA): this album credits both Koji Kondo and Asuka Ohta; my guess is that Ohta arranged Kondo's Kakariko Village here.

-2.02 (Dungeon), 2.03 (Village of the Blue Maiden (before solving the puzzle)), 2.05 (Realm of the Heaven), 2.06 (Temple), 2.07 (Palace of Winds), 2.08 (Shadow Link), all from FSA: all of these songs are arrangements from Koji Kondo's ALttP songs (Cave, Kakariko Village, Death Mountain, Light World Dungeon, Ganondorf's Theme and Kakariko Soldiers respectively), but the arranger is not confirmed for none of these.

-2.11 (Title, TP): this album credits Koji Kondo and Toru Minegishi, but the only song Kondo did for this game was the trailer music; this leaves Minegishi arranging Kondo's TLoZ title here.

-2.12 (Teaser Music #1, TP): Koji Kondo and Mahito Yokota are credited here; given how Teaser Music #2 is credited solely to Kondo in that album, I think this wasn't the piece handled by Kondo himself and he is only credited for the composition of Zelda's Lullaby, which was used here. So this leaves Yokota on arrangement / orchestration.

-2.13 (Hyrule Plains (Main Theme), TP): by Toru Minegishi

-2.16 (Linebeck's Theme, PH): this song was reprised in Spirit Tracks; ST's piano books contains it and credits Toru Minegishi.

-2.18 (Overworld Adventure Part 2 (Main Theme)) and 2.19 (Byrne's Theme), both from ST: both by Toru Minegishi

-2.21 (Song of the Goddess (Main Theme), SS): build around a backwards version of Koji Kondo's Zelda's Lullaby, this was created by Hajime Wakai and orchestrated by Takeshi Hama.

-2.23 (Staff Roll, SS): orchestral medley containing Ballad of the Goddess (Hajime Wakai), the main Zelda Theme (Koji Kondo) and Skyloft (Shiho Fujii); arranger / orchestrator unknown.

-2.24 (Title), 2.26 (Kakariko Village), 2.27 (Meeting Princess Zelda), 2.28 (The Bosses of Hyrule), 2.30 (The Lost Woods), 2.31 (Hyrule Theme 2), 2.36 (Lorule Theme), 2.37 (Death Mountain), all from ALBW: again, all of the songs are arrangements from Koji Kondo's ALttP music, but we know this time that the arranger is Ryo Nagamatsu.

-2.34 (StreetPass Battle Theme, ALBW): arrangement of Temple (Zelda II) by Ryo Nagamatsu, originally composed by Akito Nakatsuka

-2.38 (Credits, ALBW): begins with the Epilogue of ALttP (Koji Kondo), and has small phrases here and there of various themes (both from the SNES original and the 3DS new game); all arrangement (and composition of everything new) handled by Ryo Nagamatsu.

Please let me know if I'm forgetting or I mistook anything.

Last edited by RBM95; Oct 11, 2016 at 05:18 AM.