View Single Post
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:26 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

Another batch of answers..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
With File Size you may want to set preferable image types, Jpegs, Bitmaps, Pngs, Gifs, etc. I would say go with a major lossy or lossy and lossless type.
It may also be beneficial to not only set limits but note preferable sizes/standards for what you would like to be uploaded.
I don't think we should be too picky about the choice and standards.. we'r glad to have scans, and forcing a standard of size or quality will greatly reduce our income of scans.

Quote:
Looking at pages and discs, one is being asked to use 05-06 and the other when multiples the disc 1 & disc 2. Easier to just use the & symbol for normal pages also, less thinking involved.
I am using "xx-xx" but some are using "xx & xx", i think we should make a poll about it and let the majority set this.

Quote:
Lastly is a question on Accordion booklets. Assuming the whole thing is scanned at once, how would it be named? Not really a front/back, interior or exterior, and page numbers would be jumbled.
Depends.. if there are only 2 sides of the booklet when unfolded, let's just name it exterior/interior.. but if there are multiple accordion pages.. i don't know.. i think we can keep the "Booklet 01..02.." old captions.

Quote:
Almost forgot, maybe have something setup for people to dump scans. Like Lowe has his forum post of anime scans, I have a batch of scans for things I can't read nor type. Thus they sit on my hard drive rather than being put in the DB (the albums don't exist here). Having a site, or area for people who can't read or type yet have the scans to pass them on to people who can make nice entries for them would be good. Of course it would be a slow adding whenever people had time and hopefully not be abused by lazy people.
This is a good idea, just making 1 thread would be enough i guess.
The only downside is that we should not post such scans with board attachments. Using services like megaupload is fine these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
What do you think about labelling scans "(rotate)" or such for those are added vertically and should be corrected to fix, for later reference.
In general, you can add (xxxx) captions to the scans just to mention something special about it, i am ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Here is a release with a CD and a DVD. The DVD is titled "Disc 2", but since there's two kinds of discs in the release, someone has captioned the discs after what type they are. Should we caption discs for those kinds of releases like that, or should we use the title for the disc?
See last answer above.
But i also think it's fine to rename the captions to "CD/DVD" only for release with 2 discs. But more than 2, we should always use the "disc 01, 02" captions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medina View Post
Okay, I mentioned this in the old thread, but I think that we should probably use "p." and "pp." for page abbreviations. "pg." is not a page abbreviation. "p." is used for if it's one page, like p. 27, and "pp." is used for multiple pages, like pp. 27-30.
You are absolutly right and i forgot about this. We should apply the change ASAP.
I also changed the new guideline to reflete this.
Secret, you should change the "Booklet Pg." to "Booklet pp." on the captions choice when you got 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
I had a question about unsafe pictures
if the picture (let's say, the Front Cover) has, for example, naked girls on it (in a soft way) and this picture is used normally on shop sites, is it considered as unsafe?
cf. Front of Motto To Love-ru Music CD 1
Depends what you consider as "soft" nudity. But visible breasts/nipples and pubic region should always be set as unsafe.
As for blood or violence. Again it depends if the picture shows very violent things (like murders, deaths or agony..)

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 10, 2011 at 05:29 AM.