VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 27, 2020, 03:46 AM
Trusted Editor

I wonder if this box will have all the music from the Zero 1~3 set, and ZX/ZXA tunes, as those albums already count for 6 cds and they're all basically full. Which would mean that we won't get Rockman Zero 4 OST.

Or will it have the Remastered Zero tracks without drama tracks and ZX/ZXA tunes.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 04:11 AM
VGMdb Staff

Shop site says 208 tracks total. Zero 1~3 set + ZX/ZXA tunes = 180 tracks

So that leaves 28 tracks potentially for Zero 4.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 06:18 AM

i hope thouse tracks are GBA or DS! original soundtrack version.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 06:39 AM

Rockman Dash Box next please? Yeah, I know it's probably going to never happen. I already have what has been produced. Sry for asking.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 07:12 AM

it should be ost for the rockman z1-4, zx, zxa
afaik, the zx/zxa tunes aren't ost but arrangements
Old Jan 27, 2020, 05:04 PM

Rockman Corner is reporting that it includes Zero 4.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2020/0...w-details.html
Old Jan 27, 2020, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it should be ost for the rockman z1-4, zx, zxa
This is coinciding with the release of the Megaman Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, which includes all those games. So yeah, pretty likely.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 09:28 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This boxset is planned to be the original sound version of the four zero games + zx/zxa, right?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivda View Post
This boxset is planned to be the original sound version of the four zero games + zx/zxa, right?
Yes is not the remastered/tunes albums, just the games music but the high quality source.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 08:43 AM

Hm? What does that mean, high quality source?
Old Feb 21, 2020, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPI View Post
Hm? What does that mean, high quality source?
Probably that it's using the original files from before they got gutted by the GBA's compression (and somewhat less-so the DS's). i.e., hopefully not recorded from a headphone jack like Konami probably did for the GBA Castlevanias.

Last edited by Aifread; Feb 21, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2020, 04:11 PM
Trusted Editor

Seems that this collection will not be missing much stuff original soundtrack wise, seeing how tracklist is on CDJapan, only Red Time - 2 Player Mode Edit from Rockman Zero 2, and according to gamerip I have, one track from Zero 4, which is a mission briefing tune.

And then those arranged and vocal tracks from ZX/ZX Advent outside from "A Wind Blowing Towards the Future", which gets intro/normal/karaoke version. But at least we seem to be getting Reploid Remixes from the Legacy Collection pre-orders which is nice.
Old Mar 24, 2020, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Seems that this collection will not be missing much stuff original soundtrack wise, seeing how tracklist is on CDJapan, only Red Time - 2 Player Mode Edit from Rockman Zero 2, and according to gamerip I have, one track from Zero 4, which is a mission briefing tune.

And then those arranged and vocal tracks from ZX/ZX Advent outside from "A Wind Blowing Towards the Future", which gets intro/normal/karaoke version. But at least we seem to be getting Reploid Remixes from the Legacy Collection pre-orders which is nice.
I don't see the reploid remixes in the track list.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 12:56 PM

The music is out now on Spotify/Apple Music/Steam, with Steam coming with MP3/FLAC/AAC:

https://twitter.com/MegaMan/status/1242862453983023107
Old Mar 25, 2020, 01:12 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmos View Post
I don't see the reploid remixes in the track list.
Oh that's my bad. I though the first 9 were those remixes. Damn, what a pity they should have included them too.
Old Mar 25, 2020, 08:10 PM

Yeah don't get why they are not included.
Old Mar 28, 2020, 12:56 AM

btw is that japan names is correct one for this ? or are we now translate all rockman albums to mega man now ?
Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:06 AM

note that this box is for ps4/switch/xbox1, not for gba/ds
Old Mar 28, 2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
note that this box is for ps4/switch/xbox1, not for gba/ds
yeah that game is release japan named: Rockman Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
Old Mar 30, 2020, 08:54 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Turns out the first disc's first 9 tracks have original tracks.

A friend of mine's got the boxset, and will try to do some scans of the booklets. None of us both speaks japanese however, so I hope someone will be kind enough in the future to give us some composers breakdown - but i'm assuming they should be the same as the arranged soundtracks already available, just not with "III" quoted as arrangers this time around. Spotify does have some informations but eh, I'd rather not rely on that considering it could be composer or arranger, or both and there's no way to know for sure until we dive in deep into the booklet.

Anyway I've added the english tracklist according to the official translations on Steam. God, Capcom's really doing some great work. Spares me of relying on gamerips. Exciting stuff

Last edited by Robin; Mar 30, 2020 at 08:58 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:06 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Damn, seems like that the booklet doens't have individual tracks credits. We'll probably have to rely on the remastered tracks credits for that.

I'll get down to noting down the credits from those sources then.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 11:05 AM

I uploaded scans of the booklet and artworks from the box set, and added track lengths for each disc.

We lack the source for the composer of the 9 first tracks though. It's probably Yoshiya Terayama (寺山 善也) since the game credits him as Music Composer, and the booklet as Lead Composer.

The same booklet contains an interview where he probably explains what he worked on, so we'd need a translation. I put the interview together on one image: https://i.imgur.com/uA30VP0.jpg

Last edited by labo; Mar 31, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:37 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivda View Post
Damn, seems like that the booklet doens't have individual tracks credits. We'll probably have to rely on the remastered tracks credits for that.

I'll get down to noting down the credits from those sources then.
Well, iTunes and Spotify does have composer credits per track, just replace INTI CREATES with Ippo Yamada and you're good to go, (and like give Setsuo Yamamoto credit for Zero tune). Just have to check for those one or two vocal tracks who's the vocalist for them.

Pity that Capcom didn't provide proper credits, but then, when has Capcom given credits for stuff in Rockman box sets?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:39 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razakin View Post
Well, iTunes and Spotify does have composer credits per track, just replace INTI CREATES with Ippo Yamada and you're good to go, (and like give Setsuo Yamamoto credit for Zero tune). Just have to check for those one or two vocal tracks who's the vocalist for them.

Pity that Capcom didn't provide proper credits, but then, when has Capcom given credits for stuff in Rockman box sets?
Yeah, i was about to do that for the new tracks. I already put all informations from past boxsets, lol
Thanks!
Old Mar 31, 2020, 06:35 PM

Baring the nine new tracks from the Legacy Collection is there anything exclusive to this release which hasn't been made available in previous albums? I can see right away that some tracks from ZX and ZXA appear to be missing and I think that may be true for some of the Zero tracks as well, but perhaps some of the titles are just labeled differently on this one. When I heard Zero/ZX was getting a Sound Box I was considering replacing my individual CDs with it, but it seems like I might be better off just keeping those as it appears that this one may not be as comprehensive as previous Mega Man Sound Boxes. Either way, here's hoping we can get a Legends CD Collection next since the first game's soundtrack still goes for ridiculous prices online and the second one never even got a full release.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 06:40 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingAbyss View Post
Baring the nine new tracks from the Legacy Collection is there anything exclusive to this release which hasn't been made available in previous albums? I can see right away that some tracks from ZX and ZXA appear to be missing and I think that may be true for some of the Zero tracks as well, but perhaps some of the titles are just labeled differently on this one. When I heard Zero/ZX was getting a Sound Box I was considering replacing my individual CDs with it, but it seems like I might be better off just keeping those as it appears that this one may not be as comprehensive as previous Mega Man Sound Boxes. Either way, here's hoping we can get a Legends CD Collection next since the first game's soundtrack still goes for ridiculous prices online and the second one never even got a full release.
This boxset is pretty complete, and I didn't note down any missing tracks from other releases. Be wary that this is not a compilation of the remastered tracks, but an original sound version. It sounds like the DS version, pretty much. The missing tracks are some remixes or other forms of arrangements: This boxset however is the soundtrack like you can actually hear it ingame.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 06:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah the REMASTERED TRACKS albums are all arranged; this is the original game audio. Zero 1~3 had a soundtrack release, but the original soundtracks for Zero 4 and the ZX games have never been released in full before now.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 07:52 PM

I see, thanks for clearing that up for me, I was under the impression that this was simply a compilation of the arranged albums, glad to know that they finally released the original soundtracks in full.
In that case it looks like I can trade out my Complete Works albulm for the Sound Box since the former only covers the first 3 games.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 09:47 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Booklet translation