VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:42 AM
VGMdb Staff

I'm not sure if October 3rd is the internal release date but it seems to be the date when people started receiving their copies.

Also, these limited edition social media campaign soundtracks are becoming too common...
Old Oct 4, 2017, 02:39 AM
Trusted Editor

Well, it's just Uematsu, so I guess I don't really care. If there was a release of the first Terra Battle, with that one track by Mitsuda... That would be something
Old Oct 4, 2017, 03:15 AM
VGMdb Staff

Yeah, but I meant in general. This year I've added super-limited soundtracks by Shimomura, Oshima, Sakamoto, etc. and now Uematsu.

It seems like smartphone game soundtracks are becoming some of the most difficult to acquire.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 03:19 AM

when those soundtracks are made (waiting for shinobi nightmare ost/artbook)

I'd like a proper release for breath of fire 6, because ost 1 ok but that digital ost 2 shit no
if they decide to make one complete ost one day, I'll buy it otherwise no way
Old Oct 5, 2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
It seems like smartphone game soundtracks are becoming some of the most difficult to acquire.
Becoming? Aside being routinely ignored even mobile game soundtracks rips are notoriously difficult to get a hold of since the music is often loaded only on demand and the sources cease to exist once the service for the game stops (and mobile games as a service come and disappear again all the time).
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:35 AM
VGMdb Staff

I remember reading about how there's also concern in the gaming community about how many of these games are disappearing forever without being archived.

Ripping the soundtrack isn't too hard (though some games encrypt files) but it's strange that they are still ignored considering even high profile composers are writing music for them now.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I don't like it neither. The soundtracks for both Terra Battle 1 and 2 sound really good - and I really want them to be released. C'mon Sakaguchi T_T