VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Dec 24, 2010, 02:44 PM

Default Can you help me identify where this music came from?

I purchased a bundle of CDs today and one of them was by Tommy Tallarico. The album is called "Endgame: Classic Games Gothic Drama" and was released in 2006 by Associated Production Music LLC. It's basically a sampler of Tallarico's music. The thing says it contains video game music... but it doesn't say what games these tunes are from. So I'm hoping someone here can help me out!

Here's the tracklist:

1. Dirge Of The Spectres (1:32)
2. Mythos Templar (1:18)
3. Brotherhood Of Belial (1:26)
4. Operation Dimashka (1:07)
5. Necromicon 1 (1:13)
6. Necromicon 2 (1:07)
7. Demonic Pursuit 1 (1:15)
8. Demonic Pursuit 2 (1:15)
9. Altar Of Lucifer (1:01)
10. Watcher's Web (1:08)
11. Zartoshira 1 (1:37)
12. Zartoshira 2 (1:40)
13. Song For Lilith (2:05)

So far I've managed to identify one song: Dirge Of The Spectres is the title screen tune from Evil Dead: Hail To The King. Necromicon 2 is also from that game (the Tree-Bitch theme according to Youtube.) And track 13 is the credit theme. I don't suppose anyone here is familiar enough with Tallarico's music works to help me out with the others?

I'm starting to think this IS an unofficial soundtrack to Evil Dead: Hail to the King. Weird.

So has anyone seen this album before? I'll add it to VGMdb eventually, I promise!
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:00 AM

'Fraid I can't help, but I think Tallarico himself is quite accessible. I think he's a member of another VGM-related forum, but I can't remember which. I'm sure someone here must know.
Old Jan 1, 2011, 11:27 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

This album is a "Music Library" (like all the APM albums), and this one was made by Tommy Tallarico.

So, i think the tracks are available for licensing (i am not sure how the rights will work with already used music like that Dirge Of The Spectres track though).
I am unsure that all the tracks from that albums were already used, so the majority of them might be "original works" by Tommy (until they were bought and used in a game)

EDIT: official website
I think i was wrong abut this CD, "Endgame" is a series of Library but 2 albums called "Endgame Classics" (from Tommy Tallarico, and the other one by Richard Jacques) are probably compilation of videogame music.

Last edited by Myrkul; Jan 1, 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the help. Too bad I'll never get my hands on the other Endgame CD.