VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:36 AM

Default newly submitted albums (by regular users)

I just remembered something I wanted to ask (a new option)

it'd be good to see an icon or whatever for albums still pending (maybe that pencil at the right of the album title)
because editing an "incomplete" album that could be deleted :/
and I don't want to spend my time in user submissions page to see whether it has been approved or not

I just edited some new albums but since I don't know if they will be kept in the db, I only made minor edits (I think they are approved when SS made edits himself =))
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:24 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I could probably do something like that. Would you like the pencil to show up in the new album submissions page?

The recent problems are that we have an inexperienced submitter who has been submitting a lot of composer-works albums, but doesn't seem to be improving. I already asked him not to submit non-anime/game albums, not because we wouldn't accept them, but because he doesn't have the skill to research all the information, and I don't want to burden staff (or me) with filling in credits for a bunch of vocal cover songs that none of us are that interested in.

For anime and game albums though, they'll always get eventually approved. Trusted editors always play an important role in helping to clean those up.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:11 PM

actually, I was thinking that this pencil could be on New Album update page because, for recent additions, it's easier to check new submissions still pending

bonus #1: you could even add a pencil at the right of notes since it's the only field that has none afaik
bonus #2: you could also change the color of history page link
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:28 PM
VGMdb Advisor

You could also make it for staff that clicking the pencil would pop some "Accept this change Yes/No" dialog + some sweet ajax submit.

I think that'd improve moderation a lot because the queue is shudder-inducing.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 01:43 PM

after thinking, on search and calendar pages too
Old Jan 8, 2013, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
it'd be good to see an icon or whatever for albums still pending (maybe that pencil at the right of the album title)
because editing an "incomplete" album that could be deleted :/
One thing we could do is refraining from deletion, and just hiding the album till the long future when our coverage expands even more. That makes your effort less wasted.