VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 28, 2008, 08:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Link submission page for albums

Staff and trusted editors will notice the new "Manage Links" item in the album edit menu. This will take you to a page where you can edit links to Companies (to be implemented soon), Series & Products (not yet implemented), and Websites (already implemented).

This means, for now, you can add multiple website links to each album, identical to the process for artist websites. You can designate them as "Official" (for pages at the company or publisher website dedicated to the album), "Reference" (Wikipedia, other cataloguing websites), "Review" (articles, ratings) and "Retail" (Amazon, CDJapan, any site where you can purchase the album).

This functionality takes over the old website field in the album submission page. I've already run a script to copy over all links that are unique -- general publisher URLs have been dropped (since this will be taken over by the publisher database).
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:55 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll try to give this some testing this weekend, if I can find some good links. In the meantime, maybe i should add a link section to the recent updates page.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:21 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

My fault if I missed some info on this, but how are the album links going to be displayed in the actual album page info again? Of course, I'm partial to the digital release albums I've added, so I was hoping links would show to direct users to those albums.

But in the event that an album has tons of links (anticipating, say, several reviews), what do you guys think would be the best way to display that information?
Old May 6, 2008, 09:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I'm hoping for some suggestions myself. I'm thinking of fitting them into the notes area, splitting it into two columns and getting rid of the grey background.
Old May 7, 2008, 03:11 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I've been wondering if maybe the links should go on a second album page along with some new secondary statistics (like the rating histogram, and recent view history stuff), like they do on that visual novel database site.
Old May 7, 2008, 02:00 PM
VGMdb Administrator

I think, for at least some/most albums that have links, it'd be good to have a default link that shows up somewhere on the main display page, and then have the rest of the links accessible somewhere else (separate page, notes section, etc.), kind of like how albums have default scans and then a gallery for the rest. I see value in having a publisher's page for official albums or project/download page for free web releases linked at the top with the other album information.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:31 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

How do I add a publisher? I want to add 5/4TAKEPOD.
Old Apr 30, 2009, 11:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Try /db/org-submit.php. It's not linked on the main navigation yet, I should fix that.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:25 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
Try /db/org-submit.php. It's not linked on the main navigation yet, I should fix that.
Thanks. I'd like to see a little plus button above the labels button on the header when you get a chance.