VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Dec 8, 2008, 11:14 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Albums with Limited (CD+DVD) and Regular editions

Just a quick note on some of today's submissions.

There are quite a few vocal singles that sell with 2 editions -- a limited edition with an extra DVD that includes music videos, and a standard edition which is the same minus the DVD. I thought we were treating them as independent albums, rather than using the parent-child printing relationship because the DVD is an entity that is of interest, and contains music that we can track here. We've got a precedent of handling it this way, like with these albums on the AVCD catalog (look for the duplicates).

Anyway, if linking them makes sense, we should do it, but we'll have to go back and change the other albums. Right now, I'm leaning towards separate entries. We can probably do some other kind of linking once we have this disc-as-an-entity relationship defined and implemented.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:02 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Bump.

There's one set of albums in the moderation queue, and two recent trusted submissions that I'd like to deal with before I forget.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:12 AM
Trusted Editor

Would it be possible to make somekind of LE icon for those limited edition albums, would make those lists bit simplier to watch, and probably would avoid some confusion.

And yes, separate entries would be better choice of action, unless there's a handy way to inform about LE-versions in those non-LE albums.

Also, would that disc-as-an-entity thingamabob handle DVDs which do contain music found only in that DVD?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Well it could, but I was mentioning as an alternative to relate the 2 CDs -- which are identical on the two versions (CD & CD+DVD) -- without the reprint linking.

We do have some DVD tracklists in here (as well as some VHS and LD ones), both from some of the game music videos that have been found for sale on YJA, as well as the DVDs in the LE versions.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:59 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Wouldn't this issue be changed with the addition of the new media/product tables?