VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 7, 2022, 02:07 AM

This might be a stupid question, but is there a difference between a TV Size track and a TV Mix one? I know TV Size would just be the abridged version of a song used in a anime's opening or ending, but as far as I can tell track 19 is just the TV length version of the opening theme. I'm just confused as to why they would use different terminology for tracks 1 and 19 on the same albulm.
Old Feb 7, 2022, 04:58 AM
Trusted Editor

Obsession TV Mix is not an abridged version of the single version but more like a remix; intro has been re-done (first 17/18 seconds), break at 00:59-1:00 is new as well as outro which is slightly different.
Old Feb 15, 2022, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
Obsession TV Mix is not an abridged version of the single version but more like a remix; intro has been re-done (first 17/18 seconds), break at 00:59-1:00 is new as well as outro which is slightly different.
Ah, I think I see what you're saying. Basically the difference here is that the TV Size version of Yasashii Yoake is simply an excerpt of the full song whereas the TV Mix of Obsession has specific differences (such as that sound effect that plays at the start and about 14-15 seconds in) which are exclusive to the TV Mix.
Old Aug 26, 2022, 04:48 PM

Did the booklet not include the lyrics for "Key of the Twilight?" I swear it was in the North American release but don't see it it here (the Japanese release). Does there need to be an entry for the NA release or a note of the differences?
Old Aug 27, 2022, 04:12 AM

Why do the contents of the liner notes mater for this site?

That said, yes there should be an entry for any other separate release.
Old Aug 27, 2022, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraEpon View Post
Why do the contents of the liner notes mater for this site?

That said, yes there should be an entry for any other separate release.
Doesn't matter for the site, just something I was personally confused about.
Thank you for the clarification! I should dig mine out of storage to check the Catalog numbers and make an entry for the other release when I get a chance.