VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Sep 15, 2022, 10:26 PM
Trusted Editor

Although it says Remix, track 01 sounds more like an arrangement listening to it entirely.
Track 06 "Crying Love" is probably a cover too, since the lyricists and composers are German, but I don't know who sang it before.

I bought this CD second-hand (thinking of buying the 2015 version) and I was surprised to have 2 Obi (the one from 2015 and so the one from the recent 2022 reissue), I don't know if that happens often ?

Otherwise it's a very good Pop album and with lively melodies; I must admit that I bought it at first especially for the incredible and moving song "Rainy Days Blue", a real favorite for me, and also for the cover of "Yumemiru Dance Away". With the reissue currently at a low price, it would be a shame not to take advantage of it.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 07:35 AM
Trusted Editor

The 2 obi thing is not unusual for low price repress; no need to change material, just add a new obi and done. The only difference should be the disc matrix and SID codes. I have the 2015 print; we can compare.

Matrix / Runout: CDSOL-1656 MT 361
Mastering SID Code: IFPI L153
Mould SID Code: IFPI 4490

Track 6 is a cover of Patricia Paay's "Who Let The Heartache In" (1981)
https://www.discogs.com/release/1376...e-Heartache-In
(Also on her 4th album, "Playmate" (1981)).

While she is unknown in Japan, her song made it to Japan thanks to Hungarian band Neoton Familia (Newton Family) whose album "Szerencsejáték" (Gamble) had a Japanese pressing in 1982 and includes their cover of Paay's song.
https://www.discogs.com/master/18558...%C3%A1t%C3%A9k
The song is then subbed "涙のハ-トエイク / Namida no Heartache" on LP back cover.

Last edited by Daemonskald; Sep 16, 2022 at 08:51 AM.
Old Sep 16, 2022, 09:08 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonskald View Post
The 2 obi thing is not unusual for low price repress; no need to change material, just add a new obi and done.
OK so this is usual. I have already bought a few reissues at low prices but this is the first time that I have 2 Obi.

Quote:
The only difference should be the disc matrix and SID codes. I have the 2015 print; we can compare.
So I'm not an expert on these codes, I never watch them.
I have this written in the center of the disk: CDSOL-1656 (therefore the catalog number) and MT 464, and in smaller form the IFPI code: L154. Looks like that's all.

Quote:
Track 6 is a cover of Patricia Paay's "Who Let The Heartache In" (1981)
https://www.discogs.com/release/1376...e-Heartache-In
(Also on her 4th album, "Playmate" (1981)).
Ah! I didn't say it in my previous post, but I suspected that it could be Patricia Paay, since she did the lyrics of the song and she is also a singer. Well after that it was not easy to find the title of the original song.
Thanks for the other info. The song of Patricia Paay has therefore had several covers.