VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Edits Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:15 PM
VGMdb Staff

@Smithdanigans
You've recently decided to start submitting a large number of credits without drafts. This is not acceptable; editors who submit a large number of edits are expected to provide drafts alongside their submissions instead of just passing along the buck to staff. I currently count 14 undrafted pending submissions. I have blocked your ability to make further album edits until you submit drafts for these (you may need to wait for your pending drafts to clear multiple times in order to finish doing this).
Old Sep 30, 2022, 11:22 PM
Trusted Editor

Thank you for the notice, I will stop this practice immediately.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 06:01 PM
Trusted Editor

I'm ready to properly submit the drafts I've made, though a number of them are meant to be attached to existing releases, and I can't find a way to attach them to said releases without being blocked from doing so given the edit restriction that'd been placed.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:10 PM
VGMdb Staff

I didn't realize that the album edit restriction would also affect draft submissions. I've gone ahead restored your album edits so you should be able to submit those drafts now. It goes without saying but don't use this opportunity to make new credits submissions before taking care of the existing submissions.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 11:47 AM
VGMdb Staff

@Smithdanigans
OK, I've removed your album editing permissions again since you can't follow simple instructions and started submitting yet more credits without drafts.
Old Oct 2, 2022, 12:13 PM
Trusted Editor

I was merely expanding a Notes section with transcribed credits from the booklet, not intending to pass along draft duties to another user.

Those credits were already written in English, on top of that. No other draft-related Notes section edits had been made since you cautioned me about it the first time.

I also hadn’t gotten a notification about that first reply to your notice, and I apologize for not noticing before.

Last edited by Smithdanigans; Oct 2, 2022 at 01:29 PM.
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:40 PM
VGMdb Staff

@Smithdanigans
I've restored your album edit permissions again so that you can add further drafts using the additional slots which are now available. I would recommend doing this album (https://vgmdb.net/album/16650) first so that it can be accepted by Secret Squirrel when he gets to it in the queue. (I do not plan to moderate that particular entry.)
Old Oct 3, 2022, 12:57 PM
Trusted Editor

Sounds good, thank you once again.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 01:20 PM
VGMdb Staff

@Smithdanigans
I didn't think I'd need to repeat myself a third time but:
Quote:
It goes without saying but don't use this opportunity to make new credits submissions before taking care of the existing submissions.
https://vgmdb.net/album/95544 and https://vgmdb.net/album/60245 still do not have any drafts submitted.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 01:23 PM
Trusted Editor

Ah, I apologize, I'd forgotten about those.