VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 14, 2008, 11:33 PM

So was there never a complete soundtrack release for this one? I tried searching, but nothing came up.
Old Jul 15, 2008, 12:46 PM
VGMdb Administrator

http://www.datam.co.jp/product/pure/ps2.html

It seems like Yasuyoshi Suzuki composed all the non-drama tracks (I think BGM-2 on that page should be "Kunou no Hibi" instead of "Destiny", in any case it clearly attributes a total of 4 tracks to him), I've also added him to the performer field.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 10:44 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigablah View Post
http://www.datam.co.jp/product/pure/ps2.html

It seems like Yasuyoshi Suzuki composed all the non-drama tracks (I think BGM-2 on that page should be "Kunou no Hibi" instead of "Destiny", in any case it clearly attributes a total of 4 tracks to him), I've also added him to the performer field.
I added images of the game case (front and back), disc front and reverse, and two pages from the game booklet that have lyrics to the two vocal tracks and credits for the disc. I added the catalog number that was on the reverse side of the disc.

To me, it also seems like Yasuyoshi Suzuki was responsible for both vocal tracks and the two additional BGM tracks (M2, M7). Page 13 of the booklet separates <MUSIC PARTS> and <DRAMA PARTS>.

It credits Yasuyoshi Suzuki for composition under <MUSIC PARTS>, of which I would consider the two non-drama BGM tracks a part of. It credits Toshiyuki Takizawa as BGM composer under the <DRAMA PARTS>.

One more hint: on the back of the game case, it says 追加BGM2曲. That makes me think that these are either additional pieces written just for this disc, or more likely, they are two new pieces written for this PS2 version of the game and not included in the original PC release of the game. So, Toshiyuki Takizawa is credited as BGM composer for the PC game, but it's likely that Yasuyoshi Suzuki composed these two additional tracks for this PS2 port.

Here's a link to the staff role for the PS2 game, but it also explicitly includes PC version credits as well, where we can confirm Takizawa was the original BGM composer. This is time-stamped to start at the beginning of the PC version credits. BGM composer credit is at 9:15.

https://youtu.be/HVGoSjUXxi0?t=532