VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 6, 2015, 09:21 AM

Default My music inspired by games from 90`s

Hi guys, here are my songs inspired/influenced by Quake, Unreal, Frank Klepacki and many other musicians that have special place in my heart.
Currently I am recording 3 different albums for visual media especially for video games but life is putting me down so I have hard time to finish them.

Let me know what you think.
Damage Enforcer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgvwDKj6z_o

Soul System Override
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUNcsX7z8M

Overture
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0T9EBC7mPws

There are many other songs on my channel such as Battlefield theme

Last edited by X1Alpha; Apr 6, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 02:37 PM

Doom 4 Demo Concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf6PcM4m7z0
Old Jun 20, 2015, 05:02 PM

Hello! I listened to all your stuff and your music make me remeber of the good old days of the Dreamcast era, when Quake III and Unreal Tournament 99 were ported for the console with online support from the SegaNet [miss you seganet =/].

Funny enough, i still play UT99 today on private servers on PC and your music fit perfectly in online multiplayer. I made a test myself and i put the game music and sound effects on mute while put your music to play in some random match and guess what?

3 hours passed in a light speed lol | Thank you for make me remeber some good things of the Dreamcast era and keep it up!

Last edited by eduhunter; Jun 20, 2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: engrish corrections
Old Jun 21, 2015, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduhunter View Post
Hello! I listened to all your stuff and your music make me remeber of the good old days of the Dreamcast era, when Quake III and Unreal Tournament 99 were ported for the console with online support from the SegaNet [miss you seganet =/].

Funny enough, i still play UT99 today on private servers on PC and your music fit perfectly in online multiplayer. I made a test myself and i put the game music and sound effects on mute while put your music to play in some random match and guess what?

3 hours passed in a light speed lol | Thank you for make me remeber some good things of the Dreamcast era and keep it up!
haha that is the same thing that I do in modern video games for example in Battlefield Domination mode when I put on soundtrack from Quake 2 (Sonic Mayhem) I get much better K/D Ratio and much better experience overall. Games back in good old days done it right.

I think that music is even more important than graphics (they are impressive but they fade away within gameplay), we can immerse deeper in the virtual world and it also leaves a good memory and experience in our minds. I miss that kind of soundtracks from ´90s like we had in Unreal Tournament, Quake, Carmageddon, C&C and so on.

Appropriate music is important in visual media, for example Battlefield 4 includes horrible and painful soundtrack like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL3um3W_xxQ it is so annoying.
If you`re stuck in loading screen and you listen to this for 5 minutes ...auch.
But... Battlefield 2 had great music that hyped you for next match.

Music can touch us both on spiritual and physical level, for example your heart beat is being automatically synchronized with the beat therefore you are more awake and your reflexes in online deathmatch can improve.
That`s the feeling I miss in many new games.

Thx 4 review btw

Last edited by X1Alpha; Jun 21, 2015 at 03:30 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1Alpha View Post
I think that music is even more important than graphics (they are impressive but they fade away within gameplay), we can immerse deeper in the virtual world and it also leaves a good memory and experience in our minds.
This ^ I love the music on Quake and Unreal because they have context and at same time immersive, and of course some other music with cool melody which syncronize with the extreme action in place.

Most recent games in my opinion put too much orchestra which you barely remember you listened. I dont have problems with orchestra [some of my favorite ost are orchestra] but some soundtracks is so out of context like *cough* Forza Motorsport 5 [wtf was that soundtrack?] *cough* or annyoing beats like you mentioned earlier too [and not only in FPS games].
Old Jul 12, 2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduhunter View Post
This ^ I love the music on Quake and Unreal because they have context and at same time immersive, and of course some other music with cool melody which syncronize with the extreme action in place.

Most recent games in my opinion put too much orchestra which you barely remember you listened. I dont have problems with orchestra [some of my favorite ost are orchestra] but some soundtracks is so out of context like *cough* Forza Motorsport 5 [wtf was that soundtrack?] *cough* or annyoing beats like you mentioned earlier too [and not only in FPS games].
Hey man! I really appreciate your time and effort for reviewing my tracks.
I have just finished a new one, maybe you will recognize it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4doe11yAfGY