VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:27 AM

I'll mention that this album does have an obi, though we don't have a scan of it in the database. Here is a picture which shows it:

http://www.gamescollection.it/upload...2427565075.jpg
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:44 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Naming convention issue:

All of the anime (Miyazaki, mostly) "Fun Together with Beyer" albums are listed as "Tanoshii Beyer" ... but this one isn't.

I'm making a call for internal consistency on the website. Either change Mario to the Romaji, or change the anime ones to "Fun Together with Beyer."

I leave it to someone other than me to make the call. If I had it my way, there would be precious little Romaji as display titles, but I know that's an unpopular opinion.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 01:11 PM
VGMdb Administrator

They used to all be in English (in fact, I remember changing a few titles to standardize how they were formatted), but someone changed all the anime albums to romaji but left the game ones alone. :<

Per site norm, they all should probably be in romaji unless Fun Together with Beyer is actually an official title for the series used somewhere (I don't really know anything about these).
Old Oct 15, 2016, 08:39 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I own the Princess Mononoke one, and nowhere in the packaging for the CD, or the accompanying sheet music, is the phrase "Fun Together with Beyer" printed.

As for Mario, I looked through all of the scans here, and again, the phrase is never used anywhere in the packaging.

So I guess that means ... Romaji for Mario? (and the Super Famicom one)
Old Oct 16, 2016, 02:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yep, everyone loves romaji (except for all the people who don't)
Old Oct 16, 2016, 04:46 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
Yep, everyone loves romaji (except for all the people who don't)
Haha, word! Thanks for making the changes for consistency's sake.

Now I'm wondering though, if there are other Tanoshii Beyer Heiyou albums for games or anime that vgmdb doesn't have captured? The Mario, SFC, and Ghibli ones are all I find when I google, but there might be a handful of others floating out there.