VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Oct 5, 2022, 12:26 PM
Trusted Editor

"Windy Story" (1984) is a live-action movie directed by Masato Harada; it's a japanese / german co-production and this movie was only released in the 2 countries involved. It was released under the name "Races" in East Germany, more than a year later compared to Japan according to IMDb.
We also note that the film was shot in English but was therefore never released in America or or in other English-speaking countries. We find in the cast the Japanese Hiroyuki Watanabe for the main role, a few Americans including Patrick Stewart, otherwise most of the actors are Germans.

Now about the soundtrack, I put a screenshot of the end credits of the movie ((I had to put this with the other scans, I can't attach it to my post, the image is too big).
I don't put the "Music" role in the credits (just in the notes) because otherwise it creates confusion: the UNIT 451°F didn't compose anything here; Akira Inoue is the only composer of the album. "Music" written on the front cover is more to be taken in the sense of "performer / artist" here, moreover it's indicated at the bottom of the vinyl label and on the case side of the cassette. And moreover it's well indicated on the end credits: "Soundtrack performed by Akira Inoue & UNIT/451°F".

It may well be that the name of the unit is a nod to the famous novel / movie "Fahrenheit 451". This site also says there was no real band and that the name was given to the unit only after the recording of the music:
http://www.t-kon.info/disco/unit451.html

I can't quite understand if Tomoko Soryo is integrated or not in this UNIT 451°F, because her name is separated by a line from the rest of the band in the soundtrack credits; but at the same time her name doesn't appear in the end credits of the film for the songs, and the UNIT 451°F is mentioned in her place.

Finally concerning the arrangement of the music, Nozomi Aoki is mentioned as arranger in the end credits of the movie (as Nozomu Aoki), but his name doesn't appear anywhere in the credits of the soundtrack. I put the info in the notes, I'm not sure if there is a need to add his name in the links as uncredited arranger too.

Last edited by SaintSquall; Oct 5, 2022 at 12:33 PM.