VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 23, 2022, 04:40 PM

Default Looking for the Soundtrack for the Musashi Taiga drama (1984)

Hello, all!

First off, let me apologize for the post out of format, but I'm new around here and not a "serious" or "organized" music collector as most users here.

That said, maybe someone here can help me out with something. I'm looking for the Soundtrack for the 1984 TV Series Musashi by Shigeaki Saegusa. Unfortunately, I don't even know if it was ever released as an album. It's not listed in his discography here in VGMdb.

Looking around the internet, I get a lot of results for the 2003 Musashi TV series, which had an Ennio Morricone OST. It's very good, but not what I'm looking for.

I appreciate any info youu might have on this.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by sartorato; Nov 23, 2022 at 04:49 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 02:07 AM

I searched and only found dvd boxes (2 for tv, 1 for a sort of sequel) for the series
as far as I searched, no ost for that

however, tr.17 of https://tower.jp/item/498779 would be related to that series
not sure it's worth enough to purchase it
Old Nov 24, 2022, 07:44 AM

Thank you! That's the first whole piece of the OST I've found, and it's gorgeous!

It's a shame to imagine it was never even released as an album. Every piece of this soundtrack is amazing!

Check out the tracks on this chapter (The Peony), just pure fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2C1cQLJu70