VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > News and Announcements
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:24 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Default Major Update 1/6 -- New Album Submission

The first of a series of major functional updates is nearly complete. This update brings about the following changes:
  • All New Album submissions are now immediately viewable in the database.
  • Albums submitted by staff or by trusted editors no longer require moderation.
  • Staff can accept or reject New Albums from the Staff Control Panel.
  • Staff can delete albums from the pull-down menu atop each album.
Please don't use the CMS to Add New Albums, Moderate New Albums, or Delete Albums, as a few important things have changed. You can still use CMS for other actions.

I haven't quite finished with the add new reprint code, so don't add any reprints until I do. The next major update will be Album Editing, and the end behavior will parallel the above.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Okay, the behaviour should be correct for reprints now, too.

Also, I fixed posting in the news forum, so you should be able to reply to these threads.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 10:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Just a couple of quick updates.

Site login is fixed, so whenever you visit any VGMdb page, it'll automatically log you in, assuming you've got it set to remember you (and you have cookies). This fixes the annoying problem where we kept getting logged out after 20 minutes on the site.

Also, staff can now Edit Album directly, bypassing the moderation queue. I'm still working on the queue code, and when that's finished, I'll announce it.

Also, the PHP build has been recompiled, so some stuff in the CMS that used to give errors (like uploading scans) should be fine now.