VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:53 AM

A couple of things worth noting:

1. Maybe it's just my impression, but I think Keiko Fukui (福井恵子) is the maiden name of Keiko Yamakawa. These two are harpists and I don't think it's a coincidence that share the same name and work in related albums. But I don't have anything to prove this... just my common sense.

2. About the mysterious 西村浩一 I think it's only a mispelling of 西村 浩ニ (Koji Nishimura) who is a known trumpeter. But alas I don't have any proof.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 04:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdapi View Post
2. About the mysterious 西村浩一 I think it's only a mispelling of 西村 浩ニ (Koji Nishimura) who is a known trumpeter. But alas I don't have any proof.
I found a reference to a 西村浩一 being a conductor of the Chiba Concert Band (not an official translation of 千葉吹奏楽団) from 1988 to 2000: http://www.chibasui.com/part-cond2.html. The bio says he played trumpet in middle school, trombone in high school, and horn in university.

Every other musical reference to 西村浩一 I could find involves Symphony Sorcerian, though, so you could be right that it's a mistake. Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck connecting Koji Nishimura to this ensemble or Kentaro Haneda either.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 05:05 AM

Sometimes it's hard to determine whether an artist must or mustn't be credited because the only source we consider reliable (official) is the information written in the booklet pages, although there are notable exceptions. The problem is when the information provided by the booklet is doubtful, because it's almost impossible to demonstrate the wrongness of said information.

Quote:
I found a reference to a 西村浩一 being a conductor of the Chiba Concert Band (not an official translation of 千葉吹奏楽団) from 1988 to 2000: http://www.chibasui.com/part-cond2.html. The bio says he played trumpet in middle school, trombone in high school, and horn in university.
For example, we have a guy named 西村浩一 credited for trumpet performance with virtually zero references outside "Symphony Sorcerian". And, indeed, the only reference we have found to this name is a quasi-amateur musician with no professional credits... So what is more likely, that an quasi-amateur trumpeter performed in an ensemble along with professional musicians, or that this guy is incorrectly credited and he's really 西村 浩ニ (Koji Nishimura).

The answer is obvious, but is very hard to link or connect these kind of artists to a certain arranger or ensemble because they mostly work as session musicians. The only connection you can establish between these artists, and not always, is between groups of musicians who play the same instrument. Anyway, that still demonstrate nothing.

Later on, I'm going to post a huge list with my discoveries (sources included) about several un-romanized artists.