VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 13, 2014, 05:27 PM

Default Advice/Feedback on Video game music.

Hello,
I'm new to this website so I understand if posting your music is not allowed and this must be removed, so I apologise in advance if that's the case.

For one of my university modules I wanted to attempt music for video gameplay, this is a first attempt so it's still a bit rough in parts.
It's all Midi as well so some parts sound a bit dodgy.
The task was to redo the music completely.
I chose to do Journey because it's rather relaxing and I was hoping to create music which would compliment this.
Just wondering what peoples thoughts are as I'm thinking of continuing with this further in my studies.
There's more info in the description, thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2H15GMP6Zs
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:35 AM

I think your composition works pretty well. It's not flawless though; I feel like the music is too loud and there is too 'forward' in the experience. It doesn't feel as spacious as the game looks to feel; it feels a lot more energetic and contained. I feel like music with less 'events' and more ambience would be better suited.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 04:48 AM

Well, I haven't played the original Journey much, but I've enjoyed your rescore! It sounds calming, though there were one or two sections which may have been a bit louder than what I felt they should be. All in all though, pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOB...zaQdP1yBohKJXg

Tags
game music, journey, rescore