VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:30 AM

I don't agree with how the link to a English news article (officially endorsed by GE-ON-DAN) about this album was completely replaced by Cedille with a Japanese source 90% of the members here can't understand. I think it would have made more sense, given the bilingual audience of the site, to have both links. Probably not the best specific example, but it's a worthwhile general point emphasised by this edit.

Last edited by Chris; Aug 28, 2010 at 04:49 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2010, 03:58 AM

Fair enough. I've added both, then. Also, if you have an official source on the catalog number, I'll restore it (...I'm actually more curious about if you can ever see this album or not, since under our current policy, this album has to be classified as "Doujin/Indies", which you seem to filter out).
Old Aug 28, 2010, 04:07 AM

Good job. I don't see anything wrong with any secondary sources being used as references if they are the first English translation, accurate, and ideally but not necessarily approved. In terms of their usefulness, you have emphasised how important bilingual material is before with respect to interviews, albeit in the other direction; the same applies for news articles in my view and I now collaborate with those like Cody who can understand Japanese to localise news articles (my mad Google translate skills can only go so far). (...As for your second postulation, I like to filter out things during certain circumstances where they might distract, for example seeing recent and upcoming official releases. However, I usually am able to see everything and am beginning to explore the Japanese doujin scene more after initially finding it overwhelming.)

Last edited by Chris; Aug 28, 2010 at 04:16 AM.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 07:08 PM

Added the tracklist. Some of them didn't have titles, so I just left those as "Untitled." Not sure if they will ever get titles, but if they do, we can always update the tracklist.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 12:40 AM

"Dear My Self" is reprised i hope the arrangement is at least a bit different.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz Lunar View Post
"Dear My Self" is reprised i hope the arrangement is at least a bit different.
Have a listen, it's the first preview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2_zmuL-fyY
Old Nov 28, 2010, 09:17 AM

For those interested, you can also hear TECHNOuchi's Un Parc Pluvieux in entirety here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN9NC1B3nlY

It's been up on Youtube for a while. I presume he'll be using this version. His AYA was also on Youtube and Myspace, etc.
Old Nov 28, 2010, 11:50 AM

Also, the official GeOnDan site only features 22 tracks, but our tracklist is 23. I've created a new tracklist based on that page. Looks like Shohei Tsuchiya is no longer on this album so I've also removed his track and name from the album page.

Last edited by Don; Nov 28, 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don View Post
Also, the official GeOnDan site only features 22 tracks, but our tracklist is 23. I've created a new tracklist based on that page. Looks like Shohei Tsuchiya is no longer on this album so I've also removed his track and name from the album page.
Seems like Tsuchiya decided to cancel his track yesterday, probably because it was too long to fit the album.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:40 PM

I uploaded what seems to be a definitive version of the cover image.

The one I first uploaded was eventually revised a bit by Technouchi who asked me to change it.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 04:40 AM

Shouldn't the title of this album be "GEONDAN Rare Tracks 2" and not "ver 2.0"? Sure, "ver 1.0" was printed on the first CD but it's not printed here. I'm pretty sure we usually follow what's printed?

Feel free to edit this if you, as an editor, agree.