VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Mar 24, 2011, 07:49 AM

Nice! I've been waiting for this
Old Mar 24, 2011, 11:53 AM

I removed the unconfirmed info from the note, although it's likely to be the eventual case.

EDIT: it was the case, so I stand corrected!

Last edited by Cedille; Mar 25, 2011 at 01:58 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 04:09 PM
VGMdb Administrator

JASRAC has a partially complete composer breakdown, but it's missing some tracks, and quite a few are credited just to "AM R&D 2 SOUND STAFF" (this has happened before). Here are the sound staffs for two of the three games:

Virtua Fighter 5
Sound Creators: Tatsutoshi Narita, Shinichi Goto, Tomoya Koga, Kazuki Takagi, Fumio Ito, Naoyuki Machida

Virtua Fighter 5 R
Sound Creator: Tatsutoshi Narita, Fumio Ito, Megumi Takano, Seiichi Hamada, Shinichi Goto, Tomoya Koga, Kazuki Takagi, Yasuyuki Nagata
Sound Studio: Naoyuki Machida, Shinya Tsuruta
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:32 AM
VGMdb Advisor

1.12 is credited to コンポジラ, which should be Compozila.
Some googlin' later, Nobuhiko Kashiwara of Compozila says he did one track for VF5, so that must be it.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 12:59 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Awesome, thanks for tracking that one down. I meant to check if that was the same Compozilla, but I never got around to it.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 04:59 AM

Was there a release for the VF5 soundtrack before this game?I was listening to some tracks on YouTube and they are longer and have more parts than the ones on this CD.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokujin View Post
Was there a release for the VF5 soundtrack before this game?I was listening to some tracks on YouTube and they are longer and have more parts than the ones on this CD.
Nope, there wasn't an official release prior to this one. You've stumbled upon game-rips, probably.
last.fm | Discord: Dark Slayer#8440
Old Jul 19, 2012, 09:58 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeZze...ailpage#t=133s

That part isn't in the game, it's a more complete version of the song, that's why I asked.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 04:57 AM
VGMdb Staff

Multiple official sources claim this CD comes with a 2-page sheet. Clearly a decent number of people have it, so would anyone mind uploading scans of it?

-EDIT-
Seems I was mistranslating. It's 2 discs, not 2 pages.

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Nov 13, 2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 02:48 PM
VGMdb Staff

Lengthy 2-Part Speculation

_
Part 1 : AM R&D 2 SOUND STAFF

I originally thought their identity might be Keisuke Tsukahara, but Tsukahara isn't credited in any version of Virtua Fighter5. I've since decided that it is instead the more likely candidate of Tomoya Koga, who is credited under Sound in every version of Virtua Fighter5. I thought he might simply have provided guitar-work like in Virtua Fighter4 EVOLUTION, but from that game to Virtua Fighter4 FINAL TUNED, Koga was only ever credited with guitars, not Sound.

It would make somewhat sense for him to be registered as AM R&D 2 SOUND STAFF for this release, as it mimics Takayuki Nakamura being credited as SEGA SOUND TEAM on VF3 and fIGHTERS MEGAMiX, so it seems it is custom for AM2 to credit former members with a general credit instead. This continues to the present, with certain tracks on the BORDER BREAK MUSIC COLLECTIONS being credited to SEGA SOUND STAFF, including a track registered with JASRAC under Seiichi Hamada (now a former member).

I think it would then be possible for the AM R&D 2 SOUND STAFF-registered tracks in BORDER BREAK AIRBURST to also be Koga's compositions. He's not mentioned on the album, but neither was Takayuki Nakamura on Virtua Fighter 3 SOUND TRACKS.

_
Part 2 - uncredited

Fumio Ito composed the VF5FS themes of WOLF, VANESSA and BRAD. Their themes contain numerous samples that Ito uses repeatedly. For example, guitars and synths from WOLF were also used in the BORDER BREAK AIRBURST song Rush Tactics the same year, as well as many others throughout time. Or how about the piano in VANESSA and BRAD? He seems to have used that exact piano since the late 90's.

Seiichi Hamada was credited in VF5R, and the only track from that game uncredited is EILEEN.

JEFFRY shares a very distinct sample (no change to it) with Sunny Hades from BORDER BREAK SCRAMBLE, which has been confirmed to be a Yasuyuki Nagata composition.

Could Megumi Takano have again composed 3 tunes in the form of PAI, SHUN and EILEEN? Possible, although SHUN is giving me more Kazuki Takagi vibes, and it even seems to use the drums he used for MIRAGE (from BORDER BREAK). The similiarities I detect in PAI and EILEEN to other Takano compositions aren't the sort I'm learned enough to describe.

All that's left is SELECTOR (VF5FS Ver.). It sounds like another AM R&D 2 SOUND STAFF song, particularly like the BEGINNING track directly preceding.

Last edited by Nicolaas Hamman; Aug 23, 2020 at 11:40 AM.