VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 25, 2012, 06:27 AM

the three ongakushu albums are respectively for the three movies (第1作, 起ちあがれ!!アバンの使徒, ぶちやぶれ!!新生6大将軍)
Old Mar 1, 2013, 04:32 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Hey so can someone who actually knows stuff about the Dai no Daibouken movies confirm some stuff from me:

Music Collection 1 (this album): doesn't actually have any vocals (ending theme is instrumental), so Jiro Dan and the two lyricists shouldn't be credited at all

Music Collection 2: has versions of both TV vocal themes so Jiro Dan and both lyricists should be credited (how were albums 1 & 3 edited but not this one)

Music Collection 3: same as Music Collection 2

By the way, I just want to throw out there that "Minosuke Fujiki" is, astoundingly, a misreading of a misreading. 藤公之介 is Kounosuke Fuji. Anison misreads the 公 as kimi instead of kou and gives Kiminosuke Fuji. Then the kimi was split in half as Anison's katakana reading of フジキミノスケ was broken in the wrong place, in the middle of a character.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 05:54 AM

edit: MC1 has nothing, so that should be rejected
MC2 has op/ed but only "uta" on back cover (should be enough as a proof)
MC3 (even if it's small, I managed to see) has complete credits for op/ed on back cover (unlike MC2 that only has uta)

Last edited by Phonograph; Mar 1, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 02:41 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Awesome, thanks a lot. I was just looking at the tracklists so I totally missed the credits at the bottom.