VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Aug 19, 2008, 03:21 PM
VGMdb Staff

A snap from the arcade credits. Anyone know who ZUZUKI Tatsuro might be?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 03:33 PM

Tatsuro Zuzuki = Tatsuro Suzuki. Other works include Marvel Super Heroes, Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter Zero 2. I was searching round for more info the other day, but didn't find much.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 04:01 PM
VGMdb Administrator

@seanne: I deleted the Shun Nishigaki artist you created for this entry because there was already one for Syun Nishigaki, which I assume he prefers as a romanization because it's all over his site. I also linked that one up to the Alph Lyla group in its place.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 06:06 AM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Tatsuro Zuzuki = Tatsuro Suzuki. Other works include Marvel Super Heroes, Mega Man 2 The Power Fighters, Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, and Street Fighter Zero 2. I was searching round for more info the other day, but didn't find much.
Ah, haha, that's what I thought. I got lazy when I couldn't find him on GMCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
@seanne: I deleted the Shun Nishigaki artist you created for this entry because there was already one for Syun Nishigaki, which I assume he prefers as a romanization because it's all over his site. I also linked that one up to the Alph Lyla group in its place.
Thanks =)
Old Aug 5, 2009, 04:29 AM

Added a new ENG & JAP Tracklists with the Bonus Tracks.
Old May 1, 2010, 04:00 AM

Those "beeps" make up the main theme of 1942, probably the exact same sound but just slowed down.
Old Jun 4, 2010, 03:25 PM

Syun composing Stage 3 and Tatsuro composing Stage 5 come from the liner notes of Rockman 2: The Power Fighters OST.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 01:22 PM

I noticed some track titles on the english tracklist from the japanese (namely track 5 and 9); 9, for example, is Karbert Wagen in Japanese IIRC, but the english one uses the ingame boss names (Ayako Special and Karbert Armor). Not really that important, but I'd like to clear this out: should the official english names stay? I'm guessing that, yes, but there's nothing wrong in asking before making and edit.
Also where does those secret track titles come from? I don't think they're listed anywhere. IMO, they be should be listed as something more generic, like M23 and M24, for example.

MAH BOI, this peace is what all true warriors strive for!!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 05:15 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I suppose whether you use JP or official EN names comes to: the intended audience, the translator's personal choice, how wrong is the translation (if the EN name is so different that it isn't a translation anymore), how 'well known' was the old name, 'how good' it sounds, and so on.
"Ayako Revision" or such doesn't sound that cool I guess but your call.

For secret tracks the current way to handle them (though absolutely terrible) is just put whatever as long it's clear it wasn't named.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 10:01 PM

Mission Clear, Ending, Game Over, and Score Ranking are composed in the same style as Opening, Player Select, and Map Display, so those four are definitely Syun's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALQBi_dOjw - Opening, Player Select, Map Display
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstjMdWDZSY - Mission Clear (at 0:12) [via Map Display]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWLl-m3o_IQ - Ending [via Opening]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-1-2MhCwoU#t=7m30s - Game Over [via Map Display]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LxaAuJBNA - Score Ranking [via Map Display and Player Select]

Aside from that, I'd say the bosses match the stage aside from Mission 1. Therefore Raimei, Grantz, and Outerlimits are Syun's, and Karbert Wagen and Sancho Pedro are Tatsuro's.

I'll also say that both Hidden tracks are Syun's. They are both essentially the same melody, just one uses the game's instruments and the other is in a more "chiptuney" fashion. The connection to Syun comes from the fact that the former plays off of Map Display just like Mission Clear and Game Over; therefore the latter is also Syun's.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Dec 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old May 2, 2019, 09:45 PM

I think this is the one soundtrack I'd save in case of universal atomic megablast.

But why did 1944: The Loop Master get no soundtrack? Are tracks from it found in any album?
Old Jan 14, 2024, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
I think this is the one soundtrack I'd save in case of universal atomic megablast.
I can agree with this. I've been playing 19XX a lot on Capcom Arcade Stadium and have been appreciating it more and more. An oddly satisfying relic of the late 90s arcade scene, featuring cowbells and bagpipes nestled among traditional Capcom synth rock. I've been playing Ending, Silver Ice Sheet and Dance of the Green Gnome quite a bit lately.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 09:05 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuxKiller65 View Post
That's a nice picture Never gave a thought about it, but one of my all time favorites probably is Perfect Selection Dracula Battle, so I'd save that for future generations to come.
Old Jan 14, 2024, 05:56 PM

It's also very good, but I'm not very hard rock or arrangement. Sorry
Speaking of 19XX, Ending is the one I listen to the most. The ending movie is ridiculously simple, but I just love it.
And speaking of the game itself, I think one of the reasons I like it a lot is that it's strangely easy, compared to other shumps of the time, and well, compared to 1944 you know (which is lacking an OST release by the way).
Apart from the last 2 bosses, the game is more than fair and not too hard to memorise. The last boss is also a throwback to 1941's final boss, it's very epic and the music has some sadness to it.

1941 is one of those strange soundtracks that became my favourites after hating them for a long time.