VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Feb 4, 2022, 09:53 PM

Some names were changed in the English localization. As far as names featured on the soundtrack go these should be all of them.

Tenell → Tenel
Lischero → Rashelo
Forest of Willkur → Tenel Forest
Islands of Wap-Wap → Isle of Wap-Wap
Plain of Lumile → Rumille Plains
Ruins of Aqua → Aquatic Ruins
The President Evil King → The Chairman Evil King

Additionally, I noticed that a few of the tracks were written in romaji. Could anyone explain to me the meanings of "Baroque-Dowaruk" and "Deko-Boko-Combi?" From what I understand, "dekoboko" would be something something that's rough and/or bumpy and "combi" would be "combination." The most common English translation I've seen for it seems to be "odd couple."

The other one seems a bit trickier, I know what "Baroque" is, but "Dowaruk" is what has me stumped. Someone suggested that it might be a corruption of "ド悪" (dowaru) and that the "k" was just added in to make it rhyme. They said that "ド" isn't used too much any more, but basically it's used to empathize a adjective so if you were to write something like "ド熱い" it would be scalding or boiling hot instead of just hot. Thus I guess "ド悪" would therefor be something like "super bad/evil," perhaps "super villain?"