VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 3, 2010, 08:29 PM

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201..._man_10_goods/

Cover art here. Apparently if you preorder (presumably from the Capcom store), you get a bonus disc (also pictured)
Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:17 PM

I'm stoked to see Bun Bun doing music for this game. I don't think I've heard any Mega Man tunes from him since Mega Man 4.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 02:54 PM
VGMdb Staff

What the source on the composer info?

The (presently abridged) tracklist came from here.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 03:03 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanne View Post
What the source on the composer info?
Some japanese websites reported the composer info:
http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/234/234179/
http://japan.gamespot.com/goods/stor...0408030,00.htm
http://www.4gamer.net/games/102/G010290/20100204011/
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:18 PM

So the gang's all here, then. S**t just hit the fan with this one. Guess this is going to be the very last of the Classic series, 'cuz it's not gettin' any better than this.

The icing on the cake would be if the booklet included a full track-by-track breakdown of all the previous Classic series MM games/game music associated with/done by the participating composers (or more likely just [the top] 5-10 under each artist).

EDIT: Better idea: Inti Creates should (and probably would) showcase the composers on the OST's official webpage and, being an epic collaboration, list a few (if not all) of their previous Classic series contributions.

Maybe this was Capcom's plan after all - to return and finish off the Classic series, followed by the X and Legends series, and close it all out before the 25th anniversary. Either way, X9 and Dash 3 just became more feasible.

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Feb 4, 2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:27 PM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

I want to pre-order this and get the bonus disc. >_< I wonder if VGM World will be getting some of these or if I'll have to take the Shopping Mall Japan route...
Old Feb 4, 2010, 04:57 PM

e-Capcom official shop also lists those veteran composers of the series. I didn't link them since we would eventually get detailed credits of III, but if somebody wants to do it, it's fine of course.

EDIT: Don't mind me. The artists were already linked

Last edited by Cedille; Feb 6, 2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyubihanyou View Post
Either way, X9 and Dash 3 just became more feasible.
Don't say such things... I want these games too, but don't get my hopes up! Both of those series deserve better endings than where they were left off.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 03:10 PM

Wow, this is amazing. A chance to hear some new Bun Bun tunes, in Mega Man form yet. And Mari Yamaguchi. 3 & 5 have always been my two favourite classic Mega Man soundtracks. Manami Matsumae is the icing on the cake. Everyone else is great in their own right and I'm looking forward to hearing new stuff from them as well.

I was kind of disappointed by the two tunes we've heard so far, but his helps to regain my attention.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strugglepoo View Post
I was kind of disappointed by the two tunes we've heard so far, but his helps to regain my attention.
Same here, I wasn't too impressed with the title theme or Strike Man's Theme.

The composer line-up is sweet, but I could have gone for Ryo Kawakami being on board again.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 02:18 AM
VGMdb Advisor
VGM Artist

Where have you guys heard tracks?
Old Feb 10, 2010, 05:49 PM

Isn't it entirely possible that Bun Bun is listed because of sound effects that are in the game, and not new compositions? Just like with MM9?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:17 AM

This CD is now available to pre-order via CD Japan, for those interested.

Now, I'm not sure if they will include also the Inti Bonus Disc, as it is not stated on the website.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 03:50 PM

And now I ask, for my 100th post, with the official release of Mega Man 10 in the US on the Wii...

What's the music like? Are old works reused like last time, and if so, which ones are they?

Senior status, baby
KA-BOOM!!!

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 1, 2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
And now I ask, for my 100th post, with the official release of Mega Man 10 in the US on the Wii...

What's the music like? Are old works reused like last time, and if so, which ones are they?

Senior status, baby
KA-BOOM!!!
Well, I have returned myself from a long stay playing at Rockman 10, and I have to say that the music themes are actually kinda OK, I specially have like Solar Man's theme (which sounds as FireMan's one) and Pump Man theme.

Now, as far I quickly catched, there are very few recicled pieces, like "Boss defeated", "Stage Start" and "Weapon Obtained", but they are pretty remixed.

Except for a couple, or three, tracks; this game soundtrack is just OK, kinda beated by Rockman 9 ones... but it has its own jewels.

Last edited by Kadai; Mar 1, 2010 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Why I say Flame, when it was FireMan?... durrr...
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:33 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Composers credits:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx-8selDHy8#t=2m19s
Old Mar 1, 2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadai View Post
Well, I have returned myself from a long stay playing at Rockman 10, and I have to say that the music themes are actually kinda OK, I specially have like Solar Man's theme (which sounds as FlameMan's one) and Pump Man theme.

Now, as far I quickly catched, there are very few recicled pieces, like "Boss defeated", "Stage Start" and "Weapon Obtained", but they are pretty remixed.

Except for a couple, or three, tracks; this game soundtrack is just OK, kinda beated by Rockman 9 ones... but it has its own jewels.
So this is an all-star compilation after all. Excellent. I am pleased...at least I will be when I have the chance to get and play it myself. :]
Old Mar 1, 2010, 08:51 PM

The music is alright, but isn't nearly as catchy and memorable as 9. The stage select and boss themes are better, though, which were pretty much the only tracks I really disliked in 9. Most of the music has more of a melancholy feel to it akin to 4's, but isn't as bad (4 is my least favourite classic MM OST). My favourite tracks are Blade Man's and Fortress 3.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
The music is alright, but isn't nearly as catchy and memorable as 9.
Yeah, I agree that it doesn't really stand out as much as 9 or some of the early games. It feels very moody, but instead of having that quality secluded to one or two tracks like normal it appears to be a key element in many tracks.

I don't know, after watching some videos I can't say I really miss playing Mega Man games - beyond the ones I grew up playing.
Old Mar 1, 2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
The music is alright, but isn't nearly as catchy and memorable as 9. The stage select and boss themes are better, though, which were pretty much the only tracks I really disliked in 9. Most of the music has more of a melancholy feel to it akin to 4's, but isn't as bad (4 is my least favourite classic MM OST). My favourite tracks are Blade Man's and Fortress 3.
You got it on the point.
Remember that Rockman 9 was an epic return... this one is more like just an awaited -sequel-

None the less this one has its own standing themes. Despite what I say before, I was refering to FireMan instead of FlameMan in my last post (Why I did confused them?)

So far, the onw I have desliked the most are the ones of StrikeMan and ChillMan, being the first one like a -loooong- sporting fanfarre...
Old Mar 2, 2010, 06:59 AM

Well, I think the first half of Strike Man's theme bears a striking (no pun intended) resemblance to Tornado Man from Megaman 9. I haven't heard the fortress music yet (since I'm still working on the robot masters), but I'm enjoying what I hear so far.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:35 PM

Anyone else pick up the Storm Eagle reference in Wily Stage 1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELfru...eature=channel

Listen to the first 5 seconds.

Now listen to the track in Mega Man Xtreme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIcX...DC9127&index=7

Yuko Takehara is the common link between soundtracks, may have just found Storm Eagle's composer.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Evans View Post
Yuko Takehara is the common link between soundtracks, may have just found Storm Eagle's composer.
Just a coincidence; there's not much else to it, and the inflection at the start isn't even the same. Many themes seem to start the same way, so I don't look at the startup that much unless there's a unique instrument used. The part at 18 seconds makes me think that this is more Minae's contribution, as it sounds all too similar to certain parts of All Stage Clear and Opening 2 from Rockman 4. As for Storm Eagleed, take a listen to Zero (confirmed as Setsuo's work) and the original and prepare to have your mind blown.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rvgzkMqs2s - Zero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sayGb0MMS_k - Storm Eagleed Stage

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 3, 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:52 PM

I enjoyed the music from the game. I liked MM9's music but it seemed like too many themes relied on being catchy above all else. Don't get me wrong, I like catchy music in MM games, but to me, MM music is more than that.

Chill Man has my favorite robot master theme in MM10. It's sounds sad and relaxing at the same time. Would love to know just who did that track.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Anyone else pick up the Storm Eagle reference in Wily Stage 1?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELfru...eature=channel

Listen to the first 5 seconds.

Now listen to the track in Mega Man Xtreme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FIcX...DC9127&index=7

And, what about Wily Stage 4 of Rockman 10? ... it does sound a lot like Wily Stages 3 & 4 of Rockman 2...

Now, what a track sound like any other does not really implies something... but speculations that can be freely make.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:08 PM

I have to wonder how when I offer speculation (the word "may" obviously went over some people's heads here) it is met with immediate doubt, but when other people do as such it's pretty much taken as gospel. Funny how that works...
Old Mar 4, 2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
I have to wonder how when I offer speculation (the word "may" obviously went over some people's heads here) it is met with immediate doubt, but when other people do as such it's pretty much taken as gospel. Funny how that works...
At least people respond to you for small endeavors. I've gotten close to nothing [aside from you] despite going all the way with mine, and others, like myself, are ultimately ignored in favor of physical evidence. The system clearly favors you; all I've done is waste time. :[

As for criticism, I think a little chaos and friction helps to move stuff along and keeps everyone active, so I'm not afraid to spark something every now and then. Besides, when this OST is released, we could all possibly be wrong. All I was doing was contributing to what I started, so this is all my responsibility to bear.

Besides, one time I thought I found the answer for Sonic CD JAP via Sonic the Hedgehog-Remix, but I basically got slammed afterward just because it's not written out clearly; only implied. I don't take the chance of written records existing; I just use my ears, instinct, and a general idea of the composer (if available) when I do my breakdowns, so I essentially start with nothing except an educated distinction and work from there, using common sense and whether I pick up along the way to make decisions.

You seem to be well versed in what you've contributed thus far. Maybe you can try to do something like me, and try to find answers that aren't readily visible in an area that's second-nature to you, because no one else but me is trying to make a connection between Kirry (Toshihiko Horiyama) and Kirikiri-chan [and perhaps even Krsk], despite the verbal and visual similarities.

Lastly, you put up an official tracklist that no one else would have ever appeared to post. That makes you infinitely greater than me, because you have authenticity on your side - something I'll never have. I should also thank you for disclosing Setsuo's appearance in Remastered Rockman Zero's album notes, though, as my breakdown for Rockman X wouldn't have been possible without that as my starting place, as Zero and Storm Eagleed just sound far too alike...

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 4, 2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Lastly, you put up an official tracklist that no one else would have ever appeared to post. That makes you infinitely greater than me, because you have authenticity on your side - something I'll never have. I should also thank you for disclosing Setsuo's appearance in Remastered Rockman Zero's album notes, though, as my breakdown for Rockman X wouldn't have been possible without that as my starting place, as Zero and Storm Eagleed just sound far too alike...
It may shock you that I have never added an official tracklist to any database unless it's already in English. While I have been fooling around with translations for the last few weeks just out of curiosity, I am no expert - far, far from it. I write more reviews than anything, but that doesn't make me "special" either. Additionally, I don't see how that would make me more useful/important than you - that wasn't what I was aiming at - I was trying to point out the double standard on sharing opinions. Sparking discussion is just as important IMO, and as we've talked about before, there are enough egos around; no one needs to feed their own or stroke anyone else’s. Who cares who’s been around longer, who cares who writes for that website or this one. That’s not the point of this hobby - and I’ll admit I once lost sight of that myself. The important thing is to get in check before you burn too many bridges. Trust me, there are a few bridges I burned I wish I hadn't by being obstinate.

So really, like they say in Fight Club: "I am not special, I am not a unique snowflake. We are all the same decaying matter..."
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:51 PM

So it turns out the eight Robot Master themes were each done by one of the old composers:

Manami Matsumae
Yasuaki Fujita
Minae Fujii
Mari Yamaguchi
Yuko Takehara
Makoto Tomozawa
Shusaku Uchiyama
Akari Kaida

Here:
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/03/...k-peek-at-ost/

According to that very same page, Ippo will reveal who did what on the 22nd, but I thought it would be interesting to show here.

I'm guessing:
Blade Man - Akari (Has that EXE vibe)
Pump Man - Manami (Ends kind of like Elecman structurewise)
Commando Man - Yuko (Sounds like Yamatoman at the start and near the end)
Chill Man - Shusaku (Contains a lost melody of sorts )
Sheep Man - Yasuaki (Has that depressing, downward motion I described in a former post on here; sounds kind of like Blues' theme in the second half)
Strike Man - Minae (Not as downward as Sheep, and emphasis on the snare drum-like sound, not to mention the fanfare sounds like All Stage Clear from Rockman 4 and the "rah-rah-rah" part sounds like the first few bars of Staff Roll from the same game [and the fanfare sounds like the last part before the song loops back to the start])
Nitro Man - Mari (Rockman 5's Title was all I could of while listening to it [especially right at the start]; the energy is also pretty much the same)
Solar Man - Makoto (Sounds like something out of Dash once it picks up momentum)

Oh, and Brad, I only realized this just now, but I meant composer list in my previous post, not tracklist (you know, for Command Mission). It was 3 in the mornin' for me. |(
(Uh, what an awkward mess I made)

Last edited by kyubihanyou; Mar 18, 2010 at 09:48 AM.