VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 13, 2010, 04:07 PM

I added scans of everything in the original album except the obi, which for some odd reason was absent (I had originally remembered buying this without opening it, but when I found it, it had been opened and the obi wasn't present). Still, everything else should be there. I didn't want to be the one to delete someone else's images, so tell me if that's an alright thing to do for when new images have been uploaded.

Like always with me, I've gone over the tracklist while I'm here, trying to identify names that should be Americanized so to speak, and just other things that may be off about an old tracklist. This one seems to date back to 2007 so maybe there are a couple things to consider.

In track 6, 夕映えのリムエルム just... can't mean night requiem. Definitely nothing about a requiem, barely anything about night. Actually, the exact characters for "Rim Elm" are present again in this name. It seems to be something like "The Glow of Rim Elm's Sunset", but that may be too literal, or just inaccurate. Still... something's off.

In track 15, Bairon would be Biron here. Also, perhaps "Warrior Monks" and not "Priests", since we have 僧兵 (souhei, basically soldier priest) and they're called Warrior Monks in English. I made these changes.

Track 19: 推参 is really "first appearance"?

Track 25: PLEASE somebody help me, lmao. 風来獣車 makes no sense. Absolutely none at all. Something about wind, a beast, come / comes / coming, and... a car? I'm lost ;__;

In Track 31, Teague would be Tieg here (I changed this).

In track 34, there's a second part of the title, 気高き悪魔. "Sublime devil"?

Track 35, ノアル is "noaru", which sadly enough is the name of this song's area in the game, the Noaru Valley. Haha. I changed it.

I don't want to make any major translation changes, but track 34 definitely seems to have something missing, and some of the others do seem wrong even with my limited knowledge (unless Night Requiem is an artistic interpretation...?).

Last edited by Hellacia; Feb 13, 2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 01:51 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I tweaked the translation a bit, with more US terms. 風来獣車 would be something like "Wandering ('someone that comes and goes like the wind') Beast Vehicle" but seems like it was just called Gondola in the US, some kind of elevator I believe.

Track 34 is another case of the JP tracklist not being accurate. It happens from time to time and scans like yours are very helpful to check for accuracy, thanks a lot (never trust tracklists even from official jp sites). I feel my eyes will explode someday comparing all these tiny kanji with the printed tracklists tho.

Since this site was created around 2006-2007 most tracklists are submitted in that year but often they are older. Regardless of the year more rechecks are always helpful.
As for the images usually if new scans contain all the older ones it's alright to delete, but in this case I see the obi in the old scans so I'd keep them.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
I tweaked the translation a bit, with more US terms. 風来獣車 would be something like "Wandering ('someone that comes and goes like the wind') Beast Vehicle" but seems like it was just called Gondola in the US, some kind of elevator I believe.
It's not really an elevator, it's more like an elevated train:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxEyp...6F3A9&index=46

Skip to about 1:08 in the video and you'll see "beast vehicle" is kind of appropriate.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 09:42 PM

Okay, so if there's a considerable difference in a scan, keep it. Cool. By the way, nice job with "Bio Castle" Dag, totally missed that one when checking around the FAQs (regretfully, I never played this game much, only the first kingdom or so). Glad the scans helped, first time I've ever so much as touched a scanner (not even mine, actually!), so I was quite glad the process was pretty easy and the result was good.

And thanks Brad, very helpful video. lol, that one had me shedding hair. Simple, I guess, but it seemed so nonsensical.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 07:28 PM
VGMdb Advisor

man, what a ridiculous RPG. But some awesome music to be found.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 07:17 PM

I found an interesting piece of info concerning Legend of Legaia's music; only thing is, the particular song it's about isn't on the soundtrack, so it won't effect the current credits at all

Anyway, I was looking through the manual for the game (I was going to start up a new game as I haven't played it in god knows how long - 10 yrs? - and I need to test out the copy of the game I have) and it says "Theme of Cara" was composed by Kouhei Tanaka.

Nothing too big, but I was kind of surprised to see that listed in credits.

Additionally, if anyone is selling, I'm looking for a copy of this soundtrack as well.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 08:31 AM

http://vgmdb.net/album/201

Song 6 Requiem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=en6Y7M8zmko