VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:05 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This one is unique in that, according to the Obi, the first-press edition comes with a bonus "3D Action Minigame Tekkōki Mikazuki Trial Edition" on a PS2 disc.

The Obi also mentions Hatake (memer of シャ乱Q [Sharam Q]) as the producer, but I'm not sure if he's responsible for all of the music in the game.

Here's a page on Amazon JP for it: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E9%89%84%E.../dp/B00005L8TX

Last edited by Chris Porter; Jun 9, 2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:11 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Okay, so this might actually be the soundtrack to the TV series. The big Playstation 2 logo on the Obi was misleading as that is indicating that the bonus disc is the trial edition/mini game that can be played on PS2.

If anyone wants to research this a little more and make sure that's correct, that would be helpful.

Here's a gameplay video of someone playing the bonus disc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmvaYM0JvAU

I'm not sure if any of the music on the soundtrack disc is used in the playable game too.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:15 PM

https://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/...ve-review-ps2/
Quote:
Before Earth Defense Force and even Robot Alchemic Drive, Sandlot created a destructible city engine for what was to be a high budget licensed game called Tekkouki Mikazuki Trial Edition, a one stage demo game meant to promote the television series of the same name. The series bombed.

Unfortunately, the game was later cancelled, so Sandlot turned all their development programming for Tekkouki Mikazuki and created their own giant Robot/monster game: Gigantic Drive, which became in America, Robot Alchemic Drive.

Sandlot has since moved on from the PS2, but man, I would love to see a sequel to R.A.D someday. This game needs way more attention than it got.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:21 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladatree View Post
Interesting bit of history behind this! I wonder if this soundtrack was the only way to get the playable demo or if it was included in other products.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 10:32 PM

I think it was only included with the soundtrack. Had the show been successful they could have got a cool glimpse at a game along with their tunes.
Old Mar 23, 2021, 03:12 PM

Exclamation

I'd like to let you guys know that the playable demo for PS2 included with the OST was recently added to cdromance site.