VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Oct 15, 2020, 11:12 AM

SQEX has just tweeted samples and arrangers.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 07:50 AM

They sound great; very excited for this one.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 04:12 PM

If it's even a third as good as last year's Acoustic Arrangements album, it should be worth price of admission IMO.
Old Oct 17, 2020, 05:30 AM

The samples sound great! I'm really looking forward to this release.

But I also hope this was the last arrange album for FF7 until FF7: Remake Part 2 appears in maybe 2025 or so. After Piano, Chips, Orchestral, Jazz, Brass and Acoustic we don't need another compilation of the game's music. Thanks, SE. We love you, too
Old Oct 17, 2020, 08:41 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Something with the missing music from the OST, like some killer cutscene tracks, wouldn't be a bad idea... FFVII Remake Original Soundtrack Plus, anyone?
Old Oct 17, 2020, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
Something with the missing music from the OST, like some killer cutscene tracks, wouldn't be a bad idea... FFVII Remake Original Soundtrack Plus, anyone?
That would be neat, yes. By this sheer amount of tracks it's impossible to release a soundtrack without missing some cues, unless you want a huge 10-disc set or release it via BR Disc. Same goes for KHIII's release, where also a bunch of tracks are missing (mostly cutscenes).

Maybe they'll do it like FFIX back then. I think FFXIII also had a Plus soundtrack.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanasea View Post
I want an OST Plus just to find out who did the music for the cutscene where young Aerith gets adopted.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 04:07 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

This album is fantastic! I know sometimes SE is accused of milking this franchise by putting out a bunch of mediocre arrangement albums, but this is not that. Every arranger brought something unique to the table, and the musicianship on display is spectacular.

I also added images of the front and back of the case, as well as the Amazon-exclusive Mega Jacket bonus.

I’ll add images of the booklet, disc, etc. in a few days, if no one else has gotten to it yet.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 07:20 PM

It's really lovely. I didn't expect to enjoy it nearly as much as the first SQEX Acoustic Arrangements album but I think it's quite comparable in quality, if not better.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 12:58 AM

One of the best arrangement albums of this year! That opening track by Kevin Penkin is a stellar arrangement! A shame he didn't get the chance to do more contributions to this wonderful album.

With Masashi Hamauzu on board, FF7 Remake is clearly in good hands and I'm excited to see future soundtracks and arrangement albums, if they can maintain this quality.
Old Jan 9, 2021, 04:19 PM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

I uploaded images for the booklet, Obi, and disc. The liner notes are in both English and Japanese and are definitely worth a read.