VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Animation Music Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 10, 2010, 09:43 AM

It's probably easier to find out information and credits for western animations anyways. Given it's all in english, it has to be somewhere. Most non-western releases are most likely going to be a mix of english/japanese/??? and will need a translation of sort somwhere.

At least vgm encompasses all of vgm, so I don't have to feel like I'm being a hypocrite against animation soundtracks, but anime soundtracks seem to have a lot more than I've heard in some western soundtrack release. I just notice they usually have vocals that stand out strong. Maybe just a Disney thing.
I'm not really against it, but then I'd hope we'd have a way to distinguish anime soundtracks from it.