VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Apr 24, 2011, 03:43 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Found these credits: http://twomix.egloos.com/4489499
EDIT: apparently the info comes from #gamemp3s. So, since I believe they just copy what's printed in the booklet, I've added it.

Compose & arrangement
NAOFUMI HATAYA <7,9,11,13,15>
KENICHI TOKOI <1,4,6,8,16,17>
MARIKO NANBA <2>
TOMOYA OHTANI <3,5,10,14,19>

Extra track
HIDE-AKI <20>
AKC212 <22>
SHIGEHARU ISODA <24>
TAKENOBU MITSUYOSHI <27>

They look like from the booklet, and some are confirmed in JASRAC, so I think they are real.

Extra info from Joshinweb:

M01
Compose: Ken Woodman & His Piccadilly Brass

M17
Artist: Yoshiko Sakakibara
Lyrics: Takumi Yoshinaga
Compose & arrange: Kenichi Tokoi

M27
Artist: Takenobu Mitsuyoshi
Lyrics: Tomoko Sakaki
Compose & arrange: Naofumi Hataya

Last edited by Dag; Apr 25, 2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 08:23 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Anyone have any guesses as to the identity of AKC212? All of the other extra track arrangers here and on the other volume are Sega/Wave Master guys, so I'd guess he is too.

Assuming "AKC212" is even derived from a name, the best guess I've got is Hirokazu Akashi (明石 浩和), who even worked on SC2, but that's alphabet soup of the highest order and he was purely an audio engineer as far as I know.
Old Oct 2, 2015, 07:24 PM

Anyone know if there was different printings of the two Space Channel 5 Part 2 Soundtracks? I noticed that the images for the discs featured here have images of Ulala on them while mine feature no such images. Other than the CD title and copyright text the only thing there is the Space Channel 5 Part 2 logo.

I was thinking at first that it was maybe a bootleg or something but strangely the information on mine appears to be correct. The Catalog #s are both correct, both are published by Marvelous Entertainment and it even says "Made in Japan" as apposed to somewhere like Taiwan, which typically would be an immediate give away.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 01:58 AM
VGMdb Advisor

I think you are right, according to Marvelous (hey/chu) the first press for both volumes includes stickers and a different CD label.

Not sure which one is the first press tho.
Old Oct 3, 2015, 06:28 PM

I'm pretty sure that the ones featuring images of Ulala on them are the first print, I ended up ordering the other versions of the CDs on ebay yesterday and the seller's picture for "Vol. Hey!" has a sticker set with it that wasn't with the one I already have.

Though if the first printing had different image labels that explains the lack of an image on mine which must have been latter printings. Thank you a lot for illuminating me with that information.

Last edited by BlazingAbyss; Oct 3, 2015 at 07:41 PM.