VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old Jun 1, 2012, 09:22 AM

Phew... it was a nightmare, but here's the entire list of performers for the album. I'll add the performers for the limited edition's movies later on.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 09:40 AM
VGMdb Staff

Much thx, linked 'em up (those who could be linked atm anyway).
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:28 PM

Hey there, just made my first minor edit. Replaced "An Unique Love" with "Unique Love", which is the proper translation from (romanized) "Monadiki Agapi". Greek is my native language.

PS: Hopefully this is the place where we discuss our edits, cause I was expecting a notes/comments box under each submission to notify the "approver", but found none, so...discussion takes place here I suppose.

Edit: Damn it, can we find anywhere the vocal credits for each track (besides Shikata's)?
Edit 2: Wait a minute... are K-Taro and Ketaro two different artists? (M11)

Last edited by CroiX-SaN; Sep 13, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:19 AM

The only thing I can add is that there aren't any vocal credits except for Shikata because of a very simple reason: she's the one doing all the vocals and choruses, as it has always been.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I thought so, even though I swear I can identify a few different voices in there (in Hymen for example)

A few other minor notes/recommendations:

a. Maybe "Fury" instead of "Passion" (Gekijou), since it's referring to Hades? (track 09) - Nah, scratch that. I just read the lyrics. Passion is right.
b. I think we should change "Eurydice" to "Eurydike" in both Romaji and English tabs, which is the proper greek name and also it's how the official site spells it (in its respective mp3 sample). (track 08)
c. Maybe "Hero's Funeral" instead of "Funeral For A Hero"? (track 13)
d. Finally, the other two composers whose names are in japanese, I found their romanized names, in case we want to add them in latin. 藤井乃亜 is "Noa Fujii" and 河井早緒 is "Hayao Kawai". I'm still new in the editing process and I don't want to break anything by adding/editing artists, so I'm just bringing this up.

Last edited by CroiX-SaN; Sep 13, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:15 PM
VGMdb Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroiX-SaN View Post
d. Finally, the other two composers whose names are in japanese, I found their romanized names, in case we want to add them in latin. 藤井乃亜 is "Noa Fujii" and 河井早緒 is "Hayao Kawai".
When you find something, the source should be posted. Reliable info is always top priority.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:23 PM

Yeah, you're right. It's from the official site listing for the Orgel collection (the composers are the same - so this also applies for AURA-0020 as well)

http://www.vagrancy.jp/istoria_kalli...iope_orgel.htm

Last edited by CroiX-SaN; Sep 13, 2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:43 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroiX-SaN View Post
Edit 2: Wait a minute... are K-Taro and Ketaro two different artists? (M11)
Nope, they're the same person, ケタロー. Looks like it was romanized before "K-Taro" was known as the reading (this is why I don't really like to romanize aliases in katakana or hiragana that aren't obviously real names: frequent wackiness!).
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:50 PM

I guessed as much. The thing is, even Vagrancy is undecided. In Istoria ~ Musa which came out in 2007, he is credited as "Ketaro" in the covers, while in Kalliope as "K-Taro". Oh well, I'll stick with Ketaro for my tags.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Yeah, I just noticed now that "Ketaro" is on Musa! That happens a lot too. :[[[
Old Sep 13, 2012, 01:07 PM

That was quick. You already fixed the composers credits/pages. Awesome
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:53 PM

As for the different voices in Hymen, that's also because of Shikata's wide range of registers. In fact, she can even reach deeper voices, if her performances in the Sublimation songs from Ar tonelico are any indication.

And it's good to finally have some confirmation on the reading of these two composers.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
VGMdb Staff

^ what aquagon says is so true, never played any Ar Tonelico, but have Ar tonelico III hymmnos concert side. Blue/Red and track "EXEC_FLIP_ARPHAGE/." is just one example of Shikata's range. Some serious stuff there
Old Sep 13, 2012, 07:41 PM

That's good to know Shadow Hearts is higher on my play queue, but I'll check out Ar Tonelico's as well.