VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Sep 5, 2020, 05:58 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Can you detail what changes there are between VICL-62048 and this digital release?
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:02 AM

My rationale for making a new album is because VICL-62048 contains both the music for the base game and the dark resurrection add-on content. This digital release only contains the base game's soundtrack while the dark resurrection soundtrack was released as a separate digital album here: https://www.amazon.com/Tekken-5-Resu...=dmusic&sr=1-1. I viewed VICL-62048 as a compilation of the two soundtracks. Additionally, the digital release of the Tekken 5 base soundtrack contains the vocal version of the Sparking theme, which I wasn't sure if it would be treated as a separate release for licensing purposes. By this, I mean I don't know if both the soundtrack for the base game and add-on would be removed from digital storefronts if there were licensing agreements for the vocal track on the base game.

That said, it's true the content of the digital releases is identical those of VICL-62048 (tracks and numbers included), and I understand if it is best I add it as "iTunes; Disc 1" and "iTunes; Disc 2". Also if one of the digital albums becomes unavailable, it can always be set to "iTunes; Disc 1 OOP".
Old Sep 5, 2020, 01:31 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Thanks for the response. I would recommend just adding the iTunes link to VICL-62048 as "iTunes (Disc 1)". It is really the only good way we have to handle cases like this.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 02:13 PM

Thank you! I have added the links in.