VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:27 AM

I'm not a fond of including featured artists in the tracklist, I'd prefer keep them in the Notes section... but I've seen submissions on here that include them in the tracklist so I guess I have to.

Also I'm not sure where to put them. I mean, the Performed by field is usually where you put featured artists in, right? But is it possible they could have co-written these tracks with Baiyon... argh, I don't know.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:41 AM
Trusted Editor
VGM Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife View Post
I'm not a fond of including featured artists in the tracklist, I'd prefer keep them in the Notes section... but I've seen submissions on here that include them in the tracklist so I guess I have to.

Also I'm not sure where to put them. I mean, the Performed by field is usually where you put featured artists in, right? But is it possible they could have co-written these tracks with Baiyon... argh, I don't know.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think putting the featured artists' names in the title is only required on VGMdb if that's how it's listed on the album. In this case, that is how it appears on Bandcamp, so I think the names need to stay there.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 03:55 PM

All performers should go in the performed by field even if they have other roles in other fields. It's possible for the same person to have multiple roles (here, for example). Don't put anyone in the composed by/arranged by fields (or any other fields, really) unless you have confirmed proof that they belong there.

EDIT: Just looked at the album more closely and I can see where the confusion arises. Given the names involved, I would assume these are all composers of the tracks but without direct confirmation it's tricky. The album description itself isn't helpful and even has some wrong/misleading information:
Quote:
Manami Matsumae is the composer on Mega Man 1 and 2
As if she was the only one responsible for MM2 (she only did one half of one track)

Last edited by Aifread; Jan 22, 2020 at 04:15 PM.