VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 9, 2015, 04:24 AM

多亏了任天堂俱乐部完蛋了!
Thanks to the Nintendo Club dead.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 04:22 PM

Excellent, looks like Nintendo isn't using Tablier Communications for just publishing the FE soundtracks, but also other series. I'm really hoping that's true, maybe we'll finally start seeing some releases from Nintendo. That's especially good now as it looks like they finally do composer credits, at least, judging from previous Tablier Communications releases and the recent MK8 OST.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 06:13 PM

Lets hope its officially by Nintendo at least.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJustDontKnowAnymore View Post
Excellent, looks like Nintendo isn't using Tablier Communications for just publishing the FE soundtracks, but also other series. I'm really hoping that's true, maybe we'll finally start seeing some releases from Nintendo. That's especially good now as it looks like they finally do composer credits, at least, judging from previous Tablier Communications releases and the recent MK8 OST.
Megaton if true. Nintendo finally putting their OSTs up for sale is gonna break my wallet though.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 05:28 PM
Trusted Editor

The soundtracks for Nintendo products have always been available for outside parties to get the licenses for, though.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 07:46 PM

Will this sound different then previous Releases of this Game's Music? Judging by a rough translation, they talk about "powering up" the Sound...I have no clue what that even means, could someone explain, please?
Old Oct 7, 2015, 12:25 PM

Damn no english translation yet

Lets hope soon
Old Oct 7, 2015, 02:39 PM
VGMdb Administrator

The tracklist is identical to the original release except for the addition of one more track and a couple of minor changes (1.45 デグナッツ → デクナッツ; 2.50 魔人 → 魔神), so I copied the translation from that entry over.

1.45 is correct (I don't know if it was グ in the original game, but it's ク in 3D), but 2.50 is a typo. I'm curious if 神 is actually printed on this or if it's just a website error.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 09:29 PM

I was all hot for this and then in the end it's a "DVD-style" casing, is it?

It will look so good stored vertically with all the other Zelda soundtracks! Oh no wait it will look like sh*t!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 01:17 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHz View Post
... but 2.50 is a typo. I'm curious if 神 is actually printed on this or if it's just a website error.
It's like that in both the insert and the back of the case: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40726643/majora.jpg
Old Oct 17, 2015, 06:47 AM

This set is definitely superior compared to the original release and luckily not just a plain reprint like the 2013 US release. Not only, that the songs finally loop twice, almost all songs have been remastered and sound much more cleaner than before. OoT 3D was a bit of a dissapointment in terms of its soundtrack release, but this one is top notch! Check out percussive tracks like "Chase", "Milk Bar" or "Woodfall Temple" or the "Majora" themes. The only complain I have is the bonus track, which is kind of dissapointing.
I hope Nintendo sticks a while with Tablier Communications to produce more soundtrack releases.
Old Oct 17, 2015, 03:32 PM
Trusted Editor

According to inserts, Naoto Kubo composed the bonus Staff Roll. No arranger credits but I presume you're crediting them from the end game staff roll. Not really sure there's much arrangement there from the sounds of it they just remastered it and maybe added a few loops.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniros View Post
Megaton if true. Nintendo finally putting their OSTs up for sale is gonna break my wallet though.
Why has Nintendo been...picky...about soundtrack releases anyway? I would've loved a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door OST release for sure.
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavinka View Post
Why has Nintendo been...picky...about soundtrack releases anyway? I would've loved a Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door OST release for sure.
Same here--and a full release of Twilight Princess too.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 09:04 AM

They have some sentimental view of their games, believing that people should enjoy the music while playing. And I guess they don't see it as financially viable... I dunno, it's dumb. Their soundtracks are nice, they should celebrate that more.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 08:42 PM

Will anyone take the time out to scan this album?
Old May 8, 2016, 06:12 AM

There were some scans missing, and some of the old ones were cut off before the image was supposed to end, so I uploaded my own scans.
I won't upload the postcards that Amazon gave out though, since it's technically not part of the album, just a store specific bonus.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 08:44 AM

So is there any difference in the music between the originals and now? More refined sound maybe? For both Ocarina 3d and MM.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 11:33 PM

Not sure about the albums, but the music in the games themselves differs a bit. They use the same samples but are mastered differently. Forest Temple for example has really different reverb on 3DS. I wouldn't necessarily call them improvements. Some changes may have been made simply because it's a handheld and a lot of players are listening to the game sound from those tiny speakers rather than a home stereo setup.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 03:48 PM

FWIW, having just cleaned up the Majora's Mask entries in MusicBrainz/AcoustID - according to user-submitted data, it appears that this 3DS Soundtrack sounds very similar to the 2013 Club Nintendo N64 soundtrack. (Neither sounds similar to the original soundtrack from 2000.)

Last edited by yindesu; Jan 23, 2022 at 03:55 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 08:15 PM

I think they cleared up the synth. Their effort was to improve the soundscape but it was more of downgrade in my opinion.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:00 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Tear View Post
This set is definitely superior compared to the original release and luckily not just a plain reprint like the 2013 US release. Not only, that the songs finally loop twice, almost all songs have been remastered and sound much more cleaner than before. OoT 3D was a bit of a dissapointment in terms of its soundtrack release, but this one is top notch! Check out percussive tracks like "Chase", "Milk Bar" or "Woodfall Temple" or the "Majora" themes.
Do you know which songs have gotten an actual remaster? I'm no audiophile, but looking at the waveforms through SPEK most of the tracks seem to have been "ripped" straight from the 3DS game rather than remastered. The songs are cut-off around the 16kHz mark (which fits the game files' 32kHz limit).

After checking through sox (Linux program) and exporting spectrograms for every track, the notable execeptions are track 1.06 (Clock Tower) and track 1.59 (Horse Race Goal), being at a full 44.1kHz.

Last edited by TopHat; Mar 18, 2024 at 12:16 PM.