VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Search

Old May 10, 2017, 09:40 AM
Trusted Editor

Please folks, go ahead and buy this CD to support Gamadelic!

Their last effort Rebooot was plain awesomeness so I hope this one will be good too.
Old May 11, 2017, 06:13 AM

If you liked Reboot, you'll probably like this as it's more of the same good ol' material. Judging by the samples provided this time around, some vocals are back (can't vouch for any rap though). The backbone is still just good riffs, and synthy rock melodies that hearken back to the beloved, old-school 90's VGM scene where even if you don't know the source material the music can still be thoroughly enjoyed. As with the former, it's not overseas ordering friendly from MARO's site but at least they provided some tasty samples this time around...

Why can't more composers who were in these bands (Kukeiha Club and SEGA's recently emerged Blind Spot SST/B-Univ and Chain Band) do this? We desparately need a rebirth of official VGM arrangement outside of SQEX productions -- we're in such a drought now it scares me.
Old May 11, 2017, 09:59 AM
Trusted Editor

Thanks for your answer. What I really liked about Rebooot!! was the complete unknownness of the source material. I had the feeling they really took a new approach by using games that never got the attention they deserved music-wise and arranged them in a fantastic manner. Ghostlop for instance wasn't even officially released as a game.

And that's also what I'm worried about with this album because many of the games represented here already got an arrangement in the past. But I won't complain until I heard this in it's full form not just the samples from Soundcloud.

But yeah, I'd be happy too if more VGM arrange albums would be released nowadays. I'm really hoping for Brave Wave to do something like that on vinyl as they have signed some very talented and well known composers.

Oh and concercing international shipping: It looks like this one will be available from Play-Asia this time