VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:53 AM
Red Blazer's Avatar
Red Blazer Red Blazer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 152

Alright!! xD I was hoping that they would release an OST to this game. And it finally worked out. Man, people, March is going to be an amazing month for music. Soul Sacrifice, Dynasty Warriors 8, FF XI Seekers of Adoulin and now FE: Kakusei? Wow. Could March be anymore great?!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:49 AM
universalgenius12 universalgenius12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300
Default

Does anyone have the link to where it can be pre-ordered? Possibly cdjapan?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:44 AM
MiLO's Avatar
MiLO MiLO is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 604
Default

It will have 92 tracks, 24 page booklet, disc 5 is some bonus stuff.

http://www.animate-onlineshop.jp/pd/1193033/
http://xn--0kq13s3og2kj1t2a.seesaa.n...316274116.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Feb 1, 2013, 06:35 PM
Gaiden's Avatar
Gaiden Gaiden is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 28
Default

Be still my beating heart, I guess dreams do come true.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:03 AM
universalgenius12 universalgenius12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300
Default

Links to the composers...? Or does the item actually have to been released for that to happen?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Feb 9, 2013, 02:13 AM
Gaiden's Avatar
Gaiden Gaiden is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by universalgenius12 View Post
Links to the composers...? Or does the item actually have to been released for that to happen?
That's a good question, It's customary to wait until the album can be released, just in case new unexpected information turns up in the booklet or somewhere else.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Mar 28, 2013, 04:29 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,727
Default

The tracks with live strings are notated in the tracklist, but the scans are incomplete, so the list I added may be incomplete. Specifically, what are potentially missing are performances in tracks 4.01~14. UPDATE: With the new scan set, there were in fact no live performances on those tracks.

I'm also not going to add the cast for the voice data on disc 5 because I don't hate myself that much. 8)

Last edited by CHz; Apr 5, 2013 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:34 PM
dancey's Avatar
dancey dancey is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,365
Default

Where did the English and English (Localized) tracklists come from? Just wondering how "「I」ntroduction" becomes "Id~Beginning".
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Apr 6, 2013, 09:56 PM
doppel9014 doppel9014 is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 170
Default

English (Localized) comes from ingame sound test of North America release. You can find some here.

Many of track are named according to dialogues in the game, in which some of track names are not following the exact Japanese ones, so I translated and submitted another English tracklist based on the original Japanese tracklist.

Well, you can obviously see the difference
Such as "私は無力で、愚かでした…" is translated "No reaction.... Was I wrong then?" in English version, that's quite different to the original Japanese title.

Except my Japanese is not very good, there may be misinterpretation in my translation.

-

Overall this is a very nice soundtrack, I was surprised to find that it was Hiroki Morishita, rather than Rei Kondoh, who composed most of my favourite tracks.
Unfortunately they did not include DLC music from past games.

Now, where are complete soundtracks for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn?

Last edited by doppel9014; Apr 6, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Apr 14, 2013, 03:31 AM
Hamu-Sumo's Avatar
Hamu-Sumo Hamu-Sumo is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 32
Default

Nintendo y u don't do such releases more often? D:

Was a insta buy as I saw it on CDJapan.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:08 AM
Guitarist500 Guitarist500 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 207
Default

... ... ... ... ... ... .. .. .. .. .. . . . .

Last edited by Guitarist500; Aug 24, 2016 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:38 AM
universalgenius12 universalgenius12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300
Default

I haven't delved into the soundtrack or game yet, but I'm sure that brilliant Yuka only did compositions and possibly did a few arrangements. Remember she went part time for IS since 2000 and mostly supervises. Otherwise, whats the point of hiring outside composers to do the job, if she's going to do the work. She like many big Nintendo franchise composers supervise the music. If she likes their work, then its a go.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Jul 3, 2013, 01:38 AM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,727
Default

The entry notes reflect what's in the booklet, so that's Kondoh doing 4.16 and Tsujiyoko only doing the "Champion" themes (with Morishita).

Tsujiyoko's credit in the game and liner notes is "Extramap Music Composition" and that BGM is from a post-game bonus map.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Jul 3, 2013, 09:39 AM
universalgenius12 universalgenius12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300
Default

Right. I forgot to point that out. I was just saying she is not in the composing business as much anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Aug 3, 2013, 03:43 PM
Eriol's Avatar
Eriol Eriol is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 198
Default

When do the "Ablaze" versions of the songs play in the game? I can't remember ever hearing these versions, which have more instruments playing than the non-ablaze version.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old Aug 3, 2013, 03:51 PM
CHz's Avatar
CHz CHz is offline
VGMdb Administrator
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,727
Default

When you attack an enemy, the Ablaze variation plays during the battle animation. The timing is synced so it's like instruments come in during battles and then leave when the battle is finished.

Same goes with enemy turn attacks and the Galvanized variations.

Last edited by CHz; Aug 3, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Aug 3, 2013, 04:25 PM
Eriol's Avatar
Eriol Eriol is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 198
Default

Ah, thanks! When I played the game last, the battles went fast for me, so I didn't notice the subtle changes in music.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Nov 16, 2014, 06:00 PM
TheBanditking's Avatar
TheBanditking TheBanditking is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA, NJ
Posts: 17
Default

Anyone know any places that I could try to find this? Didn't even know this existed until a few days ago and I did a quick search and was quite disgusted with the prices I saw. CD Japans listing said between 32 and 40 USD when it was released where do these clowns get off charging $400 for a used copy? Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Nov 16, 2014, 09:26 PM
MiLO's Avatar
MiLO MiLO is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 604
Default

Well I dunno why it sky-rocketed so much but prices in JAP places are kinda high too, so those clowns are probably just trying to match it to them.

Amazon.co.jp = 19.000 yen [used] or 38.000 [new]
Yahoo Auctions JP = 22.000 [used] or 28.000 [new]
Suruga-ya = 19.500 [used]

Basically you get the idea. This stuff isn't gonna be cheap no matter where you order it from.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Nov 17, 2014, 06:30 AM
Datschge's Avatar
Datschge Datschge is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 739
Default

Simple supply < demand equation. If someone unearths a lot of hidden copies and sells them at original price point the "clowns" wouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Nov 17, 2014, 07:37 PM
universalgenius12 universalgenius12 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 300
Default

I do have an extra copy I was going to archive. I'm willing to sell it for about regular price. "TheBanditking"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 02:08 PM
Hellacia Hellacia is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 813
Default

So I changed the English tracklist to the default because it's bullshit to add bizarre arbitrary localizations as "official translations" when they're literally not translations at all and also ye olden albums wasn't explained to me so I just considered this a ye olden album and therefore the new bullshit rule doesn't apply to it. Also this
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancey View Post
Just wondering how "「I」ntroduction" becomes "Id~Beginning".
was never answered and I'd really like to know how the word Introduction magically transforms into the word Beginning. I'm also curious about this whole Id thing but I'm assuming it's some game-related thing where 「I」 means Id or something.

But yeah, using sound tests as official "translations" is a garbage rule. "Can we take a rest? Please?" becomes "But, Frederick, it's nearly dark!" lol, suddenly the name Frederick is in the original track name.
OH WAIT, IT'S NOT SO THAT'S NOT A TRANSLATION
The name of that particular track is 泊らせてもらおうよ?ね? and it translates as "Can we take a rest? Please?" It's cool to add sound test names, I did it for Baten Kaitos myself, but not as the default as some "official" thing. This is an album. It's been given track names in liner notes. The official track names for this album are the names you will find right in this album. Those are the official names. We're not tagging individual songs here. We're looking at the names of the songs on a specific release, an album.

Look at Soul Cradle vs. Soul Nomad. Both soundtracks are released with the game by the publisher and are therefore "official names". But we're not going and changing the English tracklist of the Japanese release to match the English release's tracklist because each set of names reflects what's on the album. Yet I could just as easily argue that all the English release names are official because they come from the publisher of the game and should therefore just stupidly replace any other names on another entire album. Seriously?

Please let's just use the names that are on the actual album as default and not try to have some black-and-white official thing. It's some OCD thing of having "perfectly chosen names" and we'll never have to worry about retranslations but it doesn't make sense and it's not good

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 23, 2014 at 02:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 03:14 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

OK, I know you like to do this H, being vocal even about the things that are really attempt of enforced rules, such as no retroactive adding of game platforms relative to the album's release date, for that one you were also very vocal until it was explained. Regardless of that, I'm sure you still find it stupid.

Back to this issue, the part you've maybe missed is:
Quote:
As for really in-game localization because there isn't a better source (aside from the ever-present fan translation), it depends on the moment, on the album itself and if the people don't have a problem with it e.g.
http://vgmdb.net/album/42692
That one really is in the nature of this database (well, nature of inconsistency regarding certain things). It depends on the moment & specific album and if people are fine with using in-game localization (I've basically repeated myself).

Ideally, the only way you can be 100% faithful to the original titles is not translating them at all, which some (music) databases do apply using only the unchanged info that's given on the album release. That means no romanization (even though it's harmless), no fan translation and no localization. What you see on the covers verbatim, is all you get: no Romaji, no fighting over translation(s), nothing. So, hypothetically speaking, if one wants to be completely neutral, that would be the way to go.

---

Just wondering, what would you do if the (same) booklet also contains English version titles and some are really, really off compared to the original titles? Would you say that more literal fan translation should be default in that case too? Because idk why favor something that could be very wrong even if it's in the booklet.

Also H, stay noisy as ever and be fine.

Last edited by Efendija; Dec 23, 2014 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 04:03 PM
_if's Avatar
_if _if is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 376
Default

I gotta say, I agree with Hellacia here (even if he may be excessively rough in expressing it sometimes) and Dag in the other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dag View Post
Back in mah day the unwritten rule (which the vgm settlers used) is that sound tests and iTunes tracklists never were to be default (not really official), unless they were close enough to the originals that fan translation wasn't really needed.

Unlike English tracklists written in the booklet (very official), which always should be default regardless of quality.
I think that seems quite sensible. And indeed, on Super Mario 3D World I would say the translated tracklist should be the default even if I've got my rip tagged with localized names because they're more familiar to me having played the game in English.

Last edited by _if; Dec 23, 2014 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 04:49 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

As far as in-game sound test goes, is it going to be still on the spur of the moment so both instances in this database can be found: first where the default tracklist is not the one based on that kind of in-game localization and the other one where it is default because nobody was vocal?

Another instance is where the game localization and fan translation are indeed close to the original titles. However, many times both tracklists co-exist (often with fan version being marked as literal) so even when "fan translation wasn't really needed" but it's still there?

Rules are better in written form, even then it's not always a guarantee here.

Last edited by Efendija; Dec 23, 2014 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 05:33 PM
Hellacia Hellacia is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Ideally, the only way you can be 100% faithful to the original titles is not translating them at all
And if we wanted to do this we wouldn't add English tracklists at all. But we do add them, and where do you think all that English comes from? That's right, the Japanese titles. Now, if we decide we don't want English tracklists? Oh okay, that's totally different.

I'm already feeling like I haven't stated that adding Sound Test titles is fine. Adding Sound Test titles is fine. Trying to make them official versions of tracklist names is not fine. The best English version of a tracklist is one that comes directly from the album's material. If that's an English tracklist straight from the album, great. If it's a translated version of a Japanese tracklist from the album, so be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
why favor something that could be very wrong even if it's in the booklet.
...if the track name is in the booklet, it's not wrong (with very few mix-up exceptions). It is sourced from the fucking album itself. You're referring to something like the Final Fantasy VI Original Sound Version maybe? Then I invite you to look at what we sensibly did with the entry for that album (not game, but album) way back when we didn't have this dumb rule. We added the English tracklist as seen in the booklet, and then a translation of the Japanese tracklist as seen in the booklet. Everything is from the booklet. It's not from some version of a game somewhere, because the game is not the soundtrack album. The game is some other media that can take on entirely different names than what is printed in a single album, which by the way can take on entirely different names than what is printed in an entirely different album for the same game.

How are you not even understanding the importance of keeping what was created for the album in the album? How can you seriously think it is a good idea to take something from an entirely different source than the one you're working with and apply the content from that outside source as the "official content"? If a soundtrack releases a reprint and changes the name of a track, does that become the new official name of that track and you go change the track name in the previous print? No? WHY THE FUCK NOT if it's the track name from an official source? Because it's not the track name given to the old album, only to the new album thank you very much. If we try to make outside sources official sources for every soundtrack album then we're not honoring anything put into the album at all. And please don't even give me "retroactive" bullshit because adding a Sound Test to an album's entry is retroactive every single time. The Sound Test is always discovered at a later date. It's always retroactive.

This is dumb. Where does this even come from? Did Secret Squirrel and Gigablah and people that actually matter come up with this rule or is this some dumb thing that a few members decided to do and now suddenly it's a "rule"? I want to read about this somewhere, otherwise I'm not fucking doing it and I'm changing everything back. This is dumb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
In the other thread I said localization has a type of official capacity, I haven't said it's "official translation"
You're right and my bad. You didn't say that. And that's why I think it's sensible to add Sound Tests at all - that is, why it's a better alternate tracklist than names invented for a gamerip, for example. Yes, the names come from somewhere real. But it's still coming from a different source than the one we're dealing with right here in this album. The game and the album are not the same. Two different albums for the same game are not the same. Stop trying to standardize everything for a game. We're not dealing with games here, we're dealing with albums. Respect the difference please.

Last edited by Hellacia; Dec 23, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 05:36 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

p.s. Hellacia, I haven't said the sound test is a rule, so here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia
using sound tests as official "translations" is a garbage rule.
you're bullshitting me (pardon the language).

In the other thread I said localization has a type of official capacity, I haven't said it's "official translation" (find those exact words if you can). I really said "official translation" only in Square Enix example and their LR: FFXIII OST specific tracklist which is official and is really close to a "translation".
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 05:41 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Yes, the names come from somewhere real. But it's still coming from a different source than the one we're dealing with right here in this album. The game and the album are not the same. Two different albums for the same game are not the same. Stop trying to standardize everything for a game. We're not dealing with games here, we're dealing with albums. Respect the difference please.
Hence I repeat this:

As far as in-game sound test goes, is it going to be still on the spur of the moment so both instances in this database can be found: first where the default tracklist is not the one based on that kind of in-game localization and the other one where it is default because nobody was vocal?

Another instance is where the game localization and fan translation are indeed close to the original titles. However, many times both tracklists co-exist (often with fan version being marked as literal) so even when "fan translation wasn't really needed" but it's still there?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:06 PM
Hellacia Hellacia is offline
Trusted Editor
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
As far as in-game sound test goes, is it going to be still on the spur of the moment so both instances in this database can be found: first where the default tracklist is not the one based on that kind of in-game localization and the other one where it is default because nobody was vocal?
Not trying to be an ass, but I kind of don't get what you're saying here. Basically it looks like you're saying "sometimes the default tracklist is a translation and sometimes it's not because nobody said anything" but correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija View Post
Another instance is where the game localization and fan translation are indeed close to the original titles. However, many times both tracklists co-exist (often with fan version being marked as literal) so even when "fan translation wasn't really needed" but it's still there?
Okay just to nitpick at any entry doing that: that's backwards. The game localization should be marked as Sound Test, not the translation being marked as Literal. The material from the soundtrack should never be marked as secondary because it's the source material, it's primary.

And if the Sound Test actually honored all of the soundtrack album's track names, then sure, I guess you could go with those names as the default. But I think this very rarely happens, which is probably why there is always a second English tracklist in the case that a Sound Test tracklist was added. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Chrono Trigger, though there could be a few others.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Dec 23, 2014, 06:18 PM
Efendija's Avatar
Efendija Efendija is offline
VGMdb Staff
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellacia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efendija
As far as in-game sound test goes, is it going to be still on the spur of the moment so both instances in this database can be found: first where the default tracklist is not the one based on that kind of in-game localization and the other one where it is default because nobody was vocal?
Not trying to be an ass, but I kind of don't get what you're saying here. Basically it looks like you're saying "sometimes the default tracklist is a translation and sometimes it's not because nobody said anything" but correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes, I said it already, twice:

Quote:
Back to this issue, the part you've maybe missed is:
Quote:
As for really in-game localization because there isn't a better source (aside from the ever-present fan translation), it depends on the moment, on the album itself and if the people don't have a problem with it e.g.
http://vgmdb.net/album/42692
That one really is in the nature of this database (well, nature of inconsistency regarding certain things). It depends on the moment & specific album and if people are fine with using in-game localization (I've basically repeated myself).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSCM-0067: Jinbaittai SOUNDS OF FIRE EMBLEM FROM CIPHER CARAVAN Jodo Kast Album Discussions 3 Oct 11, 2018 04:24 AM
TSCM-0024~7: Fire Emblem: Akatsuki no Megami Original Soundtrack Kenology Album Discussions 9 Jul 6, 2016 08:50 AM
TSZM-0035~9: Fire Emblem Best Collection Series Fire Emblem: Kakusei... (reprint) dancey Album Discussions 8 Jan 18, 2016 09:21 AM
TSCM-0020~3: Fire Emblem: Souen no Kiseki Original Soundtrack IJustDontKnowAnymore Album Discussions 6 Mar 25, 2015 10:45 PM
NTDO-17266: Fire Emblem: Kakusei Music Selection Red Blazer Album Discussions 12 Jan 30, 2013 12:47 AM