VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > VGMdb Site Related > Questions and Comments
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:15 PM

ok I find a bug
I submitted corrections for album title and products of onmyou taisenki ost 2 and history page failed at reporting properly what I edited
instead of album title, it has taken notes
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:44 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
ok I find a bug
I submitted corrections for album title and products of onmyou taisenki ost 2 and history page failed at reporting properly what I edited
instead of album title, it has taken notes
You made 3 edits:

notes - shows up in history.
products - shows up in history.
album title - mercenary made the exact same edit just seconds before you did. His fix is listed in the history. Yours isn't listed because it was already fixed, and your title was identical to what was saved in the album.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:46 PM

no, I made 2 edits, album and product, nothing more
I never edited notes
Old Feb 15, 2012, 05:59 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Best I can figure is it's a result of the near-simultaneous edit. Mercenary fixed something in that field, and then your submission unfixed it. We're generally fine with two people editing the same album, but this is the first time I've seen this kind of tricky interference.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 06:06 PM

because I told him to do it on the chat, but he wasn't very "cooperative"
so I edited it but apparently he changed his mind and decided to do it too
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:23 PM
Trusted Editor

So doing some freedb testing with extensively long freedb album titles and artist titles, I note the following issues/occurences in EAC:

255 character Lorem ipsum =

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nonummy ligula volutpat hac integer nonummy. Suspendisse ultricies, congue etiam tellus, erat libero, nulla eleifend, mauris pellentesque. Suspendisse integer praesent vel, integer gravida mauris, fringilla vehicula lacinia non
Album Name = 255 characters
Artist String = 255 characters

EAC Result: No error, but CD Title field in both the main GUI and the edit cd information option only display up through 253 and the CD Artist only displays up through 254:

CD Title:

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nonummy ligula volutpat hac integer nonummy. Suspendisse ultricies, congue etiam tellus, erat libero, nulla eleifend, mauris pellentesque. Suspendisse integer praesent vel, integer gravida mauris, fringilla vehicula lacinia n
CD Artist:

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nonummy ligula volutpat hac integer nonummy. Suspendisse ultricies, congue etiam tellus, erat libero, nulla eleifend, mauris pellentesque. Suspendisse integer praesent vel, integer gravida mauris, fringilla vehicula lacinia no
Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/eac255.png
freeDBQuery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/freedbQuery255.txt

---------------------------

EAC with a 256 character album name results in an error

256 character Lorem ipsum =

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nonummy ligula volutpat hac integer nonummy. Suspendisse ultricies, congue etiam tellus, erat libero, nulla eleifend, mauris pellentesque. Suspendisse integer praesent vel, integer gravida mauris, fringilla vehicula lacinia non9
Album Name = 256 characters
Artist String = 255 characters

EAC Result: Error, Unhandled exception at CDDB.3958 -> INDEX-RANGE

CD Title: n/a
CD Artist: n/a

Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/eac256Album.png
freeDBQuery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/fre...ry256Album.txt

-------------------------------

EAC with a 256 character artist name results in an error

256 character Lorem ipsum =

Quote:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, nonummy ligula volutpat hac integer nonummy. Suspendisse ultricies, congue etiam tellus, erat libero, nulla eleifend, mauris pellentesque. Suspendisse integer praesent vel, integer gravida mauris, fringilla vehicula lacinia non9
Album Name = 255 characters
Artist String = 256 characters

EAC Result: Error, Unhandled exception at Unicode.1437 -> INDEX-RANGE

CD Title: n/a
CD Artist: n/a

Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/eac256Artist.png
freeDBQuery: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40726643/fre...y256Artist.txt

-------------------------

Thoughts:

Not sure if EAC is the hard coded limit here or if it's the freedb specification for the DTITLE field, but can we trim the artist field to 255 if > 255, and album to 255 if > 255.

Code:
Line 156: return catalog + title.decode('utf-8') + disc
to

Code:
tString = catalog + title.decode('utf-8') + disc
return tString[:255]
and

Code:
Line 102: if arrange:
to

Code:
if arrange:
    return arranger[:255].decode('utf-8')

return composer[:255].decode('utf-8')
I haven't tested this with Japanese so I don't know if it's 255 characters or 255 bytes, so this might also be an issue with returning Japanese artist > 255 bytes, but I'm not sure. I could test that with some additional time but it might take me longer.

I don't know syntax very well for python but I got a fair understanding reading through it at work today.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:37 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Very nice work. Thank you for taking the time to investigate the problem thoroughly and propose a solution. I've made your suggested changes to the cddb code.

Ultimately, i think we probably need to decide whether it makes sense to send 255 character long artist strings. If an album has that many composers or arrangers, then we should probably just send "various artists" or leave it blank. All this is just a placeholder until someday when we can do track credits.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 07:47 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Very nice work. Thank you for taking the time to investigate the problem thoroughly and propose a solution. I've made your suggested changes to the cddb code.

Ultimately, i think we probably need to decide whether it makes sense to send 255 character long artist strings. If an album has that many composers or arrangers, then we should probably just send "various artists" or leave it blank. All this is just a placeholder until someday when we can do track credits.
Agreed, and the fix seems to work properly (for at least ghibli ga ippai). I could pull out the previous album I had an issue with and test (http://vgmdb.net/album/5442) if we feel it's necessary.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something that was overlooked.

1. Set "Title/Name Language" to Original
2. Go to an Japanese artist group page
3. Linked group member names are still Default rather than Original (Romaji instead of Japanese)

Hovering over linked artists doesn't display the original either, like it does on entry pages.
I finally had some time to fix this. It was just an oversight (never added the code to switch the names.) Anyway, looks like it's working now.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
VGMdb Staff

Yep, looks like it's working nicely. Good work.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Searching for multiple exact phrases in some fields via the advanced search causes a database error message. To be specific, I try entering "survey card" "registration card" into the scan caption field, but I'm certain this has happened before with other similar searches (I vaguely remember getting the same result when using the "any" field once).

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 27, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 12:14 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisto View Post
Searching for multiple exact phrases in some fields via the advanced search causes a database error message. To be specific, I try entering "survey card" "registration card" into the scan caption field, but I'm certain this has happened before with other similar searches (I vaguely remember getting the same result when using the "any" field once).
I've fixed this issue, so searching captions now works for multiple terms.

Your search still won't do what you'd like though, because that search looks for a scan caption that contains both phrases "survey card" and "registration card". I'd have to think about how to make it more general.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 02:02 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret Squirrel View Post
Your search still won't do what you'd like though, because that search looks for a scan caption that contains both phrases "survey card" and "registration card". I'd have to think about how to make it more general.
Really? I thought it did because the "any" field has always been using the or operator... Or so it seems.

Anyway, thanks.

A solution maybe?:

Last edited by Nisto; Apr 30, 2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old May 1, 2012, 04:59 PM

Track title 23:50 on this caused the usual parsing problem but I noticed a new one when I went to fix it. It seems I couldn't because I had already added 2 track lists.

I tried to edit the Japanese tracklist but the track length field is disabled for editing, while trying to edit the English tracklist resulted in a no edit detected on submission. I assume it has to do with how the tracklists share length info in the track table.
Old May 1, 2012, 07:14 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Hmm, I was able to edit it (presumably you just wanted to zero it out.) To clear it though, I replaced it with a 0, not a blank space.

But yeah, there are some parsing problems that we need to work out.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:05 AM

I still have a problem with the search bar area when my browser is half sized (takes up left vertical half of my screen 1680x1050 is monitor size). When like this if I click in the search bar while and hold my left mouse button down, as if I am scrolling, then pull down, it drags the search bar and area out of sight, leaving me with what is the rest of that area when it is at full screen, so all I see is the chat button and the gear, plus sign.

As a small aside, I really think there needs to be a way to get back to the original album or start area of a forum post from deeper pages, on page 1 under first poster there is the album link, from then on it vanishes though, so being on page 31, you have to click to page 1, then the album link or press back however many times.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:00 AM

When I set item prices to AUD (Australian Dollars), and go to edit them (Manage Sale List), all prices that were in the AUD currency before changes to JPY. Prices in USD remains as USD, so something about the AUD is wrong.
Old May 17, 2012, 01:53 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by layzee View Post
When I set item prices to AUD (Australian Dollars), and go to edit them (Manage Sale List), all prices that were in the AUD currency before changes to JPY. Prices in USD remains as USD, so something about the AUD is wrong.
The selector display was actually showing the wrong price region for several of the newly added ones (AUD, KRW, etc.). I've fixed them, so they should be fine now.
Old May 17, 2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearin View Post
As a small aside, I really think there needs to be a way to get back to the original album or start area of a forum post from deeper pages, on page 1 under first poster there is the album link, from then on it vanishes though, so being on page 31, you have to click to page 1, then the album link or press back however many times.
Yes, agreed!
Old May 18, 2012, 12:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I'll work on a fix for that tonight, it's been bugging me as well.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 12:09 PM

I think I found a bug.

I'm organizing my music collection here on the site so I figured I'd begin with the original Game Music Bundle. I looked at the "Add Albums" page, and I decided to add all 21 entries in one shot by using their database ID codes, as listed below:

Quote:
I hit "Add Albums", but only the following nine were added to the subfolder:

Quote:
I was trying to add them all to a folder within a folder, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Last edited by Foxhack; Jun 2, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:17 AM
VGMdb Staff

I get a database error every time I click the button to link an album. The album still gets linked, but I get an db error page instead of being redirected back to the album.

Since this only started yesterday, I assume it has to do with those changes to Org linking that were made yesterday.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 10:27 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextday View Post
I get a database error every time I click the button to link an album. The album still gets linked, but I get an db error page instead of being redirected back to the album.

Since this only started yesterday, I assume it has to do with those changes to Org linking that were made yesterday.
You're right, just something I overlooked. I've fixed it now.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 05:25 AM
VGMdb Staff
VGM Artist

I got a bug regarding the Scans Queue in the staff pannel.

It currently have 3 scans pending, but in fact there's only 1 to valid.
Yesterday it said 2 scans pending, but i had none to valid.
Seems like there's 2 invisible scans ?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Firefox 13 (latest stable version) no longer supports the rounded corners we had on collection/sale/wish/rating tabs, because Mozilla no longer supports the -moz-border-radius-* CSS rules. There's now a CSS3 specification for rounded borders that should be supported in all major browsers - those that are up to date anyway...

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-border-radius

I do realize that maybe you want the site to work cross-browser, but it hardly looks like it should in IE6 anyway (just as an example)...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
I do realize that maybe you want the site to work cross-browser, but it hardly looks like it should in IE6 anyway (just as an example)...
IE6 is from 2001, I'd like to think dropping support for it should be no longer an issue...
Old Jun 25, 2012, 01:57 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkul View Post
I got a bug regarding the Scans Queue in the staff pannel.

It currently have 3 scans pending, but in fact there's only 1 to valid.
Yesterday it said 2 scans pending, but i had none to valid.
Seems like there's 2 invisible scans ?
It looks like the culprit was an album I deleted. I've just fixed it so that they still show up in the scan moderation queue.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 02:16 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Firefox 13 (latest stable version) no longer supports the rounded corners we had on collection/sale/wish/rating tabs, because Mozilla no longer supports the -moz-border-radius-* CSS rules. There's now a CSS3 specification for rounded borders that should be supported in all major browsers - those that are up to date anyway...

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-border-radius

I played around with this a little, and did confirm that you change brings back the rounded edges. I'll have to talk to Blah about how to handle the compatibility (or lack of it.)
Old Jun 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Recently, I updated my marketplace notes, but the line breaks are not parsed.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 03:56 AM
VGMdb Administrator

I made that fix. You must have edited those lines from unix, but the code was expecting a windows line break (\r\n).
Closed Thread