VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old May 7, 2015, 08:21 PM
Trusted Editor

Default TYCY-5186: BRONZE / KOJI NANJO

Source:

http://anison.info/data/source/16683.html

I can't find the Lyrics/Composers/Arrangers for the tape BZT-0010 on Anison.generation or anywhere else.
Is it the same artists credited for Zetsuai Megamix Short Style in the CD Shakunekka Zetsuai Version2 (TYCY-5235) or not? All I know is that the singer is Shinichi Ishihara this time and not Show Hayami.

Anyway we can listen the 2 Zetsuai Megamix 1992 (so English and Japanese) on Youtube, and they are really great; Shinichi Ishihara is such a good singer. I can provide the links here if you want.
Old May 8, 2015, 01:29 AM

I own this. I will check it later the credits. But the tape credits I am pretty sure it is the short style mix same credits.

Shin'ichi Ishihara, is not a good singer. He is AWESOME!!! I prefer him much more then Hayami Shou, although Hayami does have it's moments.

Thanks for adding the other Zetsuai stuff. I started to do it, but then I got off track and forgot about it.

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 8, 2015 at 01:41 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 02:35 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanticScent View Post
I own this. I will check it later the credits. But the tape credits I am pretty sure it is the short style mix same credits.
Ah, very good. You have some luck to own it. I have only the standard edition (TYCY-5299). Thanks in advance for the edit.

Quote:
Shin'ichi Ishihara, is not a good singer. He is AWESOME!!! I prefer him much more then Hayami Shou, although Hayami does have it's moments.
Yes, you're right. Good is not enough for him, he is a fantastic singer. But you know what? That's not the adjectival I have used at first, I have said "great" at beginning but I have deleted it to avoid the repetition.
And yes, Show Hayami's not up to the job.

Quote:
Thanks for adding the other Zetsuai stuff. I started to do it, but then I got off track and forgot about it.
No problem. There is again the CD Zetsuai DramaMix 1993 to add, but I'm not really interested to submit it (I don't like a lot drama CDs). So if you want to add it, you can.

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 8, 2015 at 02:43 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 03:19 AM

I get that people that do not understand japanese will not like drama cds. I like drama cds. And a lot. Hearing it and closing your eyes while imagining in your mind the scenario, the choregraphed fights. It's like you the drama cds are the script, and you are the director of your imagination.
Ok, i do understand japanese, that is unfair for the rest I know.

TYCY-5299... I never knew about it... I thought it was released withe the tape..... I did not even thought it was limited edition. As you can easily buy from everywhere... in japan. Second handed item... Yes, you can get even more of those.

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 8, 2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:10 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
I get that people that do not understand japanese will not like drama cds. I like drama cds. And a lot. Hearing it and closing your eyes while imagining in your mind the scenario, the choregraphed fights. It's like you the drama cds are the script, and you are the director of your imagination.
Ok, i do understand japanese, that is unfair for the rest I know.
Well, for me drama is not really music... When I'm listening to a CD, I want to listen to music. The Japanese speaking wastes (for me) a lot the BGM or the songs, if they are all in same time. If I want to listen to Japanese speaking, I watch an anime with French subtitles on my TV.

Quote:
TYCY-5299... I never knew about it... I thought it was released withe the tape..... I did not even thought it was limited edition. As you can easily buy from everywhere... in japan. Second handed item... Yes, you can get even more of those.
I buy a lot some second handed item too. But I will wait the good opportunity for this one, if I can avoid to pay for a Japanese intermediary, it would be better.

I'm thinking now, maybe it would be better to put "First Press Bonus" instead of "Limited Edition" for TYCY-7186; after all the second print (TYCY 5299) was released not at the same time, but nearly 15 months after. Well, i don't know if it need to change, I let the choice to the staff.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:13 AM

I think that the tape will need a submission for itself.
I already did the edits in here relevant, and the megamix credits are the same yes, but the tape has BZT-0010 as catalog number

also added some pictures that might be of better choice to stay in here.

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 8, 2015 at 04:18 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:22 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
I think that the tape will need a submission for itself.
I already did the edits in here relevant, and the megamix credits are the same yes, but the tape has BZT-0010 as catalog number
But the tape had never been sold alone. That's also why it's difficult to find it nowadays.
On the black front box, we have well the catalog numbers "TYCY-5186" and "BTZ-0010" written both.

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 8, 2015 at 04:25 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 04:25 AM

yeah, but I have seen in here in the forum things like these having separated submissions for issues like that. That is for the staff to decide. I just pointed that issue.

also... you made a mistake the manga is not "Bronze".. its "Bronze: Zetsuai Since 1989".
It is mostly known as Bronze, yes, but the original manga name is "Bronze: Zetsuai Since 1989"
Old May 8, 2015, 05:01 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
yeah, but I have seen in here in the forum things like these having separated submissions for issues like that. That is for the staff to decide. I just pointed that issue.

also... you made a mistake the manga is not "Bronze".. its "Bronze: Zetsuai Since 1989".
It is mostly known as Bronze, yes, but the original manga name is "Bronze: Zetsuai Since 1989"
Yes, I have made a little forgetting, but for my "defence" too, I never had read the manga. But thanks for the correction.
About the tape tracklist, you says that there are 2 image songs in the Megamix, but if I go on Youtube, it seems that there's too Nandomo Nandomo (so 3 image songs?):
Well, here's the link finally (and we have the lyrics too):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZtyUjNuCw
Old May 8, 2015, 04:36 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Where does 鈴木豪 romanization come from? I can see there's a "Go Suzuki" who worked as composer on a bunch of recent stuff, but it may not be the same guy.
Old May 8, 2015, 05:11 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illidan View Post
Where does 鈴木豪 romanization come from? I can see there's a "Go Suzuki" who worked as composer on a bunch of recent stuff, but it may not be the same guy.
Suguru Suzuki is written in Romaji in the booklet, he is credited for the keyboards. It would be incredible if it wasn't the same man who composed and arranged too the track 9! (+ arranged the track 7)
And I find too this romanization for 鈴木豪 on a lot of Japanese websites. I can rediscover the sites, if you don't trust me.
Old May 8, 2015, 05:17 AM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintSquall View Post
Suguru Suzuki is written in Romaji in the booklet, he is credited for the keyboards.
In that case it's fine, just wanted to be sure
Old May 8, 2015, 05:30 AM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
In that case it's fine, just wanted to be sure
I understand. I suppose that it would be better if I had a scanner.
Old May 8, 2015, 05:44 AM

any obi around to confirm it's a limited edition? because it's maybe just standard edition
Old May 8, 2015, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Do I need to go back home and see that? xD

Quote:
Yes, I have made a little forgetting, but for my "defence" too, I never had read the manga. But thanks for the correction.
About the tape tracklist, you says that there are 2 image songs in the Megamix, but if I go on Youtube, it seems that there's too Nandomo Nandomo (so 3 image songs?):
Well, here's the link finally (and we have the lyrics too):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZtyUjNuCw
You are right. I forgot about it. I made a txt file about all credits on that album as well as I do with most ofmy japanese cds. I know what I forgot:

Also.. I added front and back covers in here, but they are worng. they are from the other reprint. I realy never looked at the catalog number in there. Since I had no scanner I added those for the crediting folder. xD

[Dou Sureba ii / Nandomo Nandomo]
Lyrics / K.INOJO
Composed / Takeo Miratsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonograph View Post
any obi around to confirm it's a limited edition? because it's maybe just standard edition
I also think this is not a limited edition, though I can agree that in the re-release version they had no more tapes to offer together, thus being limited to the first release.
My copy did not came with obi, and quite honestly I have never seen an obi for this.

EDIT:

Got home now and these are the CD STAFF I had written in txt file. They are all romanized the way you see.

STAFF

Author : Minami Ozaki
Organizer : Kariya Hakuraku

Director : Manami Kage (FILL IN)
Shin Shibata (YOUMEX)
Recorded & Mixed by : Jusui
A. Engineer : Manabu Sakurai (group DONE)
Tsuyoshi Kaizawa (SOUND ATELIER)
Recorded at : Cherry Island STUDIO
SOUND ATELIER
Mastered by : Maki Kawano
Mastered at : STUDIO TERRA
Coordinated by : Seiichi Negi
Toru Watanabe
Photographer : Yasuo Aoki
Designer : Keiko Matsuo (4-9-4 Shimorenjyaku Mitakashi)

Executive Producer : Junji Fujita (YOUMEX)

Special Thanks to : FILL IN
LEGATO MUSIC

Guitars : Nittoku Inoue (#2, 6)
Fujimaru Yosino (#3, 5, 7, 8)
Hiroshi Imaizumi (#8, 9)
Keyboards : Mitsuhiro Tada (#1, 3, 7)
Nittoku Inoue (#2, 6)
Ryuichi Katsumata (#4, 9)
Suguru Suzuki (#5, 8)

Chorus : Shinichi Ishihara (#1~7, 9)
Yoko Yamada (#1, 7)
Kanako Maki (#4)

Great Thanks to : everybody loving "BRONZE"

Last edited by RomanticScent; May 8, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
Old May 8, 2015, 08:08 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
You are right. I forgot about it. I made a txt file about all credits on that album as well as I do with most ofmy japanese cds. I know what I forgot:
OK, no problem Well, only 2 songs for a Megamix seemed to me a bit strange.

Quote:
I also think this is not a limited edition, though I can agree that in the re-release version they had no more tapes to offer together, thus being limited to the first release.
In my opinion, with this special package, it can't be named a standard edition.
Also, it depends what VGMdb considers exactly as a "Limited Edition".
As I said before, I think now that the most appropriate for this release would be to put "First Press Bonus". Are you agree with me?

Quote:
Got home now and these are the CD STAFF I had written in txt file. They are all romanized the way you see.
Yes, I have well the same credits in my booklet.

By the way, anybody added a second time the credits for guitars and keyboards in the notes, so I deleted it.

Last edited by SaintSquall; May 8, 2015 at 08:12 PM.
Old May 8, 2015, 10:50 PM
VGMdb Administrator

Quote:
In my opinion, with this special package, it can't be named a standard edition.
Also, it depends what VGMdb considers exactly as a "Limited Edition".
As I said before, I think now that the most appropriate for this release would be to put "First Press Bonus". Are you agree with me?
First Press Bonus should only be used when the whole album itself is the first press bonus for something else like another album, a game, dvd or whatever.

In this case, having a different catalog from the normal release, this is just another version of it and we don't use Limited Edition since it doesn't appear on the package.

Changed the title to follow our convention of "title / artist", I know it appears the other way in the spine but we usually follow the convention regardless of that.

Last edited by Illidan; May 8, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
Old May 9, 2015, 12:37 PM
Trusted Editor

Quote:
First Press Bonus should only be used when the whole album itself is the first press bonus for something else like another album, a game, dvd or whatever.
Your explanations are a bit confused for me, but do as you wish, that's not a problem for me.

So maybe we should delete too the words "and a limited edition" in the notes, if we are logical with the title.