VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jul 23, 2012, 04:47 PM

Here's the localized names for all the tracks (in order of OST):

1. Opening
2. Explorer’s Guild
3. Emerald Grove
4. Eager Adventurers
5. Victory
6. Primitive Jungle
7. Etrian Square: Day
8. Foedus Obrepit Errabundus
9. Etrian Square: Night
10. Azure Rainforest
11. Foreboding
12. Dread Battle
13. Radha Hall
14. Sandy Barrens
15. Seasoned Veterans
16. Lost Shinjuku
17. Ren and Tlachtga
18. The Truth Revealed
19. Blood of Yggdrasil
20. Adventure’s End
21. Etrian Square: Midday
22. Claret Hollows
23. War in the Abyss
24. The Overlord
25. End of the Weary Road
26. Game Over
27. Not in Sound Test (Same tune is in EO2 and is named "Jingle 1")
28. Not in Sound Test (Same tune is in EO2 and is named "Jingle 2")
Old Jul 24, 2012, 12:00 AM
VGMdb Advisor

Thanks, much appreciated.

A pity they kinda put whatever they wanted rather than translations, oh well.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 08:49 PM
Trusted Editor

Tracklist edits/justifications

Generally, across all titles, I don't like the "... - ..." but I can see why it is used. I'm going to leave them alone.

M1: Spinning --> Weaving. When you spin a tale you're making something up. When you weave a tale you're telling a story. Same as the change justification in Soma Bringer OST (https://vgmdb.net/forums/showthread....ighlight=weave)
M2: Facility --> Establishment (M2,7,9,21). Adventurer --> Explorer's per localized names from in game sound test/localization
M3: Woodlands --> Grove per localization
M4: First Part --> Part One * reverted
I do not how 鉄華 is being translated as "Battle". It lit. means "Iron Flower". Not sure if this is romanized as "Tetsuka" or "Tekka", it's localized as "Tekkadan" (鉄華団) in Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded whatever. Regardless, seems to be a loose interpretation but I don't have anything better.
M7: The Roadside Trees Outside the Window --> Viewing the Wooded Path Through a Window: better translation / meaning. It's presumably the bgm that plays when you enter the Dungeon and the scene is literally looking at a wooded path. Not sure if "Window" is meant literally or figuratively (i.e., the DS screen as a window). Etria Plaza --> Etrian Square per localization
M8: Removed "Sudden"
M10: The Millennial Azure Woodlands --> Azure Rainforest per localization
M12: Dyed in Scarlet --> Covered in Blood (https://jisho.org/search/%E6%9C%B1%E...81%BE%E3%82%8B)
M13: Respect --> Reverent (could use "Respectful" as well but Reverent has added emphasis). Not sure I like "Government" for matsurigoto because it means (politically) a great deal more than that. Like the merging of religion and state in that you're supposed to govern according to the ideology of religion, etc, but I don't think there's a good way to express that in English. Maybe something like "Reverent Church and State" but not sure it's any better.
M14: The Withered Forest --> Sandy Barrens per localization
M15: Decay --> Ruins: I don't like decay because it usually implies natural/biological and I doubt that's the intent. Could be wrong. Last Part --> Part Two * reverted
M16: The Fallen Capital of Shinjuku --> Lost Shinjuku per localization
M17: Tusukur --> Tlachtga per localization
M22: Cavern --> Hollows per localization
M28: Single --> Jingle. Despite the cd tracklist & inserts saying シングル, I think we can be confident that this is a typo for ジングル. Especially since it's "Jingle" in Sekaiju no MeiQ 2, 4, and 5 OSTs.

- Removed Koshiro as an arranger, no arrangement credits in inserts

*edit* 1/21/2019 -- Changed "Town - " to "Townscape", much better translation (from EO3 OST)

Last edited by dancey; Jan 21, 2019 at 04:17 PM.