VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Product (Game) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:05 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Can we / should we consider pulling Minstrel Song out of this classification and make it its own product?

It wasn't a mere port, it was an extensive remake with tons of music added, and as SE releases arranged albums, they even intentionally make the distinctions of which songs are coming from the base-level SFC Romancing Saga and the PS2 Minstrel Song remake.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:14 PM

are there other remakes with new music?

(perso, I'm not against that idea tho)
Old Mar 12, 2014, 04:26 PM
VGMdb Advisor

I'm sure there are. But I think this one example is pretty significant. To me it's like the difference between the first Seiken Densetsu and Shinyaku Seiken Densetsu: Sword of Mana, which I'm sure are listed as separate products.

The original game's OST, which is as it remains in all its other ports (Wonderswan, mobile phone) was one disc. Minstrel Song is four discs and features work from more than Ito.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 09:43 PM

A number of large scale remakes with new music -- Wild Arms Alter Code F, MGS Twin Sankes, Lunar Silver Star Story (that one has 100% new music in fact)...

And yes, they certainly SHOULD be different games.