VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 3, 2017, 06:02 PM

Is the information from this channel reliable? I mean, I'm not knowleageable of Ys at all, but searching for specific composers to this album, I found this and it seems to give pretty consistent information about the composers. It credits specific composers to some songs and all the composers for others, like we do here. I couldn't find the source for all the informations here (hence this question), but all the sources that I've managed to find here matches with theirs. Anyone to help?
Old Feb 4, 2017, 08:32 PM

Yes, that channel can be trusted for accurate information. Composers are only credited for songs that they are explicitly confirmed to have composed. Since almost no Falcom albums provide composer credits by track, this might be through questioning on Twitter or information from an interview, or it might be thanks to composer codes that have been found in the files of a few games.

Also - while neither is explicitly confirmed, Mighty Obstacle and Innocent Primeval Breaker are virtually guaranteed to have been composed by Wataru Ishibashi and Masanori Osaki respectively. The original version of Mighty Obstacle is wholly unlike anything Sonoda has ever done (and we know that Ishibashi did the majority of Ys VI's soundtrack), and the pre-production version of Innocent Primeval Breaker uses Osaki's very distinctive synths.

(The guy running the channel is《J》here, by the way.)

Last edited by preta; Feb 5, 2017 at 01:46 AM.