VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:54 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Where did you find this catalog number, MiLO? There is no catalog number printed on the disc, nor on the package of the CD.

EDIT: Alright, I found this on the back of the disc. But I doubt that this counts as an actual cat-no.

Last edited by AcidBeast; Jan 28, 2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:04 PM

I got it from Suruga-ya. They are usually pretty resourceful on catalog numbers for rare stuff.

Yes, it doesn't look like a usual catalog number, consisting of only words and being printed on the back of the disc, but it's not entirely uncommon. For example Otogi OST is like that.
Though, I have to agree, it's kind of a grey area, and it is not entirely clear if this should be considered a true catalog number. But when there's nothing better to identify the disc by, this might be a good option.

In general, the normal looking cat numbers are often printed on the front and back of the disc, though sometimes they are only on the back, and sometimes they are only on the back and they look strange. LAYTON-VS-GYAKUTAN is just one of these cases.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:35 AM
VGMdb Administrator

We've counted these as catalog numbers in the past, in part because Suruga-ya and other sites use them.