VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Miscellaneous Discussion > Artist Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Feb 26, 2020, 08:08 PM

I really do not like this arranger. Ruined so many potentially good arranges with cringy goofy synths. There's only a handful of songs he did alright.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 04:45 AM

I really like the way this guy sings on Falcom J.D.K. BAND 1, and usually I don't like vocal tracks. I'm gonna look into other stuff he has done. Hopefully I won't be put off by his synthier arrangements, like you were.

Last edited by ShinHarmony; Apr 30, 2021 at 04:48 AM.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 03:20 PM

Kishimoto is honestly a bit of an acquired taste, but I generally like his wannabe-metal arrangements and he's a rather cool vocalist. If you enjoyed that album, then his other Falcom arrange work is definitely checking out, particularly J.D.K. BAND 2 and Special Box '93/'94. You might want to check out J.D.K. BAND 3, which is more light/poppy-oriented and has plenty of vocal performances, as well as disc 2 of Dragon Slayer J.D.K. Special.

J.D.K. BAND 4 onwards is when he's pretty much alone and goes overboard with his exceedingly goofy, cheesy synths, leading to a decrease of production/arrangement quality around that period (with the exception of Special Box '96). His two piano albums are rather good though, and prove that Kishimoto can do good non-cornball stuff.