VGMdb
Go Back   VGMdb Forums > Discussion > Video Game Music Discussion > Album Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Nov 4, 2015, 06:43 AM

I filled in as much of the info as I could from memory. I know the composers field and the lyricist field needs to be completed.
Old Nov 4, 2015, 07:55 AM

"For Kids"?
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ᄐv๑–X² View Post
"For Kids"?
Because it's great to be a kid! ;-) I mean, you get to run around and looking forward to being 40-years-old! ;-)
Old Jan 23, 2017, 06:43 PM
VGMdb Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ᄐv๑–X² View Post
"For Kids"?
You wouldn't believe the amount of terrible parents who don't know how / can't bother to take the time to figure out what content is appropriate for their kids. Even when the ESRB makes it easy for them, they just go "no it's all filth."

But when you put out an album like this, with big bubble-font that screams "KIDZ BOP VOL. 20XX" -- the kind of parent I am describing will buy it for their kids.

So rather than think of it as a crappy marketing scheme (even if it is), the optimist in me thinks of it as a chance to get good VGM into the hands of kids deprived of decent interactive entertainment by their parents.